Development of Syllabus along with learning objectives: -
The institute offers BAMS / MD / PhD courses. These are self -employed career-oriented programmes having a wide scope. The goals & objectives are clearly stated keeping in mind the need of student & community. It includes,
• To provide quality Ayurveda education to students
• To offer preventive and curative healthcare facilities to society
• To promote global awareness about Ayurveda
• To contribute towards evidence-based Ayurveda
• To impart value-based holistic education in Ayurveda.
• To nurture and educate students to create best, competent Ayurveda healthcare professionals
• To provide state-of-the-art support systems in teaching, learning and research in the field of Ayurveda.
• To nurture the students towards a wholesome growth upholding traditions and culture.
• To identify and develop the talents of the student community in both curricular and extra-curricular areas
• To develop transferable skills and entrepreneurship skills to enhance the employability of the students.
• To maintain excellent standards in all our endeavours related to academic and administrative affairs with a social commitment.
• To promote wellness and offer quality healthcare to society in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner
• To conduct collaborative research in the field of Ayurveda aligned with the global healthcare needs
• To expand horizons of Ayurveda through amalgamation of ancient knowledge with advanced technologies
Development of Syllabus
The fundamental purpose of syllabus development is to ensure that students receive integrated, coherent learning experiences that contribute towards their personal, academic and professional learning and development. The Institution lays stress on the same and ensures that the syllabus so developed is having contemporary and a social relevance.
The Syllabus is designed as per Central Council of Indian Medicine (i.e. CCIM) Guidelines.
The conceptual design structure is discussed in the concerned departmental committees. After discussions, the departmental committee prepares paper-wise detailed syllabus.
Regular meetings of board of studies are held along with external peers and experts; wherein the syllabus, examination pattern, panel of examiners, various developments &departmental updates are discussed. The changes in the syllabus are done as per the regulations and guidelines issued by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM).Necessary Updates are done by faculty to make it more practical/clinical and research oriented. No subtractions are done in the syllabus. Then it is passed in the board of studies.
Ph.D. – The Ph. D. programme is implemented according to the norms laid by UGC. Duration- 3 years