Free Garbhashay Mukh Cancer Tapasani Camp
On the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mohatsav Stree Roga and Prasuti Department of D.Y.Patil School of Ayurvedaa, Nerul, Navi Mumbai organized a Free Health Check-Up camp for ladies in collaboration with Vidyatai Mangal Gaikwad (Nagarsevika Panvel Mahanagar Palika).
Thursday 30th September 2021, Time – 10.30 AM to 4:00 pm.
Details of Teacher participants:
1) Dr.Divya Ramugade (HOD and Professor)
2) Dr.Varsha Gaikwad (Associate Professor)
3) Dr.Ajita Bhise (Assistant Professor)
4) Dr.Sireesha Karanam (Assistant Professor)
Details of Students and Interns participants:
Dr. Anila Nair (Swasthavritta P.G. Student) and 11 interns-Meera Thakkar, Shreya Vernekar, Shruti Thakkar, Sneha Zaware, Aishwarya Vaity, Aishwarya Sonawane, Omprakash Yadav, Deepali Suryawanshi, Nivedita Wankhade, Shruti Daware, Prem Patil participated in the camp.
Highlights of Event:
This initiative was taken by our Dean Dr.Mahesh Kumar Harit. Sir always encourages us for such programs.
1) Ensuring aseptic precautions along with the social distancing program started at 10:30 am.
2) The camp was inaugurated by Kavita Choutmol (Mayor Of Panvel PCMC), Shree Jagdish Bhai Gaikwad (Vice Mayor), Dean Dr.Mahesh Kumar Harit Sir, Dr.Divya Ramugade (HOD & Professor) Dr. Mangala Wange (Co-Chairman Camp Committee), and Dr.Amol Khedkar (M.D.Ayu).
3) Chief Guest for the camp was Rajeshree Tai Wavekar (Corporator) Mrs.Ruchita Londhe (Corporator) Mrs.Ranjana Chafe (Principal) Mrs.Rohini Gaikwad (Principal).
4) Media coverage of camp is done by Mirror Maharashtra and Awaaz Today
Youtube Links of Programme
The objective of the event:
1) Screening for early signs of cervical cancer or precancerous conditions.
2) Create Cancer awareness and remove the stigma and fear attached.
3) Providing Free Health care service to the community.
4) Diagnosing and treating Ladies patients from all age groups having various health issues.
5) Exposure of health care service to the students and Interns.
Venue of the Event- Jansampark Karyalay, Blacksmith corner, Plot Number-01, Sector-13, Kalamboli-410218
Activities conducted in the event:
1) “Cervical cancer Awareness” and “Breast Cancer Awareness” lectures were given by Dr.Divya Ramugade (HOD and Professor)
to patients. Madam educated women about the possible symptoms of cervical cancer, breast cancer, and regular self-assessments.
2) Per speculum examination of symptomatic patients conducted with disposable Cusco’s speculum.
3) Ladies from all age groups having various health issues were diagnosed and treated.
4) Ayurvedic medicines were dispensed to patients according to their ailments.
5) Advice regarding the changes to be done in their dietary and daily regimens was given.
6) Patients needing IPD care were suggested to visit IPD at the D.Y.Patil Ayurvedic College.
The camp was successful in providing treatment to 60 patients by the consultants and active co-operation from the Interns.