Skip to content

A Mega Wellness camp (Nidan and chikitsa ) exclusively for D.Y.Patil staff kids was organized by the Department of Balrog under the able mentorship of H’onrable Dean Dr.Mahesh Kumar Haritji on 23 rd to 24th August 2021 at OPD of Balrog at D.Y.PatilAyurvedic Hospital, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Also, a camp for the general public was conducted from 25th August 2021onwards. The team serving the camp included doctors viz; Prof.Dr.KalpanaDhuri (Professor and HOD);Dr.Mithila Amin (Associate professor), Dr.Vijay Bhoir(Associate professor), Dr.Sheetal Aggarwal(Assistant professor), Dr.Shreya Manore(Assistant professor), interns, postgraduate students, staff nurses, staff from pharmacy, masseurs(Panchkarma), and Hospital administration staff.

The objective of the camp was to provide the importance of diet, exercise, and the role of Ayurveda in day-to-day life. During this camp, the kids were examined clinically free of cost. They were provided with Free Suvarnaprashan. Suvaranaprashanisclinically proved an effective immunity booster.

Total 70 % girls attended the camp whereas the rest 30 % were boys. (chart1) While screening; the maximum no. of kids was identified with krimi followed by karshya,agnimandya, udarashula. (Chart2)

In all 80 % of kids were given Panchakarma procedures like abhyanga,shirobhyang,shashtikshalipindsweda. (Chart 3). All the panchakarma procedures were provided free of cost. The rest of them were provided free medicines from In house pharmacy. (Shamanchikitsa). One of them was picked up early for having ADHD(Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and was advised Nasya.

Ahara (nutrition) plays an important role in the growth and development of a child. The parents were educated about a healthy diet as well as we’re introduced to some healthy and tasty innovative recipes for the kids. One of the interesting facts the parents reported the next day, is that the kids who were fussy eaters are now asking for these recopies.

The kids will be followed up for general wellness and growth and development in the O.P.D at D.Y PatilAyurvedic Hospital, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Acknowledgments: We are grateful to stalwarts from DY Patil Deemed to be University, Navi Mumbai mainly Dr. D.Y. Patil, Founder Chancellor, Dr.Vijay D. Patil, President and Chancellor, Dr.Mrs.Shivani Patil, Trustee, Dr.Shirish Patil, Vice-chancellor, Dr. Mahesh Kumar Harit, Dean, D.Y. Patil School Of Ayurved DY.Patil Deemed to be University, Nerul, Navi Mumbai for their encouragement and all the support and facilities provided to make this camp successful.