D Y Patil deemed to be university established a women cell in the campus to empower girl’s students, to sensitize all issues related to women to make the college campus a safe place for girl students and faculty members.
Functions and responsibilities
- Women’s empowerment through education.
- Organizing the health awareness program.
- Solving women related issues and complaints.
- Creating awareness about women’s welfare.
- Handle case works and counselling.
- Improving interpersonal skill
- Conducting women’s day program.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the institute.
- Protection of the girl students
- Motivation and awareness of the girl student about their strength.