Fellowship in EndoUrology, Laparoscopy & Robotics
Dr. Pradeep Rao
An alumni of the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Dr Pradeep Rao has been a recipient of the prestigious Dr G M Phadke traveling fellowship awarded by the USI, as well as a Fellow in Laparoscopic Urology with Dr Inderbir Gill at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. On returning from Cleveland, he was one of the earliest urologists to start doing laparoscopy in India.
Since then, he has been specializing in Endourology and Laparoscopic Urology with a primary interest in Stone disease and Laparoscopic Uro-oncology.
He has been involved in various path breaking researches in Urology. He did the initial clinical trial for the LMA Stonebreaker, the first ever Single Port Nephrectomy using the R-Port, and is credited with being a pioneer of this technology. He has been an integral part of helping develop the specialty of single port urological surgery.
He is a member of the LESSCAR working group formed to direct the future of Single Port surgery and has been invited to demonstrate live surgery and lecture on Single port surgery in Japan, South Korea, Germany, Venezuela, China, Indonesia, Hong Kong Vietnam, Colombia and Singapore.
With several exemplary publications, authorships and literature to his credit, he is an ideal teacher for guiding the next generation of Endourologists.
Certificate: Fellowship in EndoUrology, Laparoscopy and Robotics
Awarded by: DY Patil University (accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ GRADE)
- The clinical program is designed to provide the fellow with a practical knowledge of the most up-to-date methods of diagnosing and treating all types and stages of urologic diseases.
- Hands on training and over-the-shoulder supervision by Chief mentor while the candidate performs individual surgeries.
- Trainees will have the access to Laproscopic Simulation Training for various urology procedures at Asia’s best Simulation Laboratory at D Y Patil University as part of their curriculum.
- Trainees will be exposed to a broad spectrum of endourologic and minimally invasive surgical procedures including; percutaneous nephrostolithotomy, ureteroscopy, extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, laparoscopic/robotic-assisted kidney, prostate, & bladder surgery, and thermal ablation.
- For laparoscopy/robotics the fellow will learn a variety of robotic and laparoscopic techniques including both conventional laparoscopic and robot-assisted laparoscopic techniques for renal surgery that include pyeloplasty, partial nephrectomy, and nephrectomy.
- Mandatory to publish a minimum of four original manuscripts in peer reviewed journals under the guidance of mentor for being awarded the fellowship.
All the fellows will receive certificate from D Y Patil University.
Clinical training in the area of urologic oncology includes:
- Prostate cancer: Radical and simple robotic prostatectomy
- Renal cancer: Robotic partial nephrectomy, cryoablation and laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Bladder cancer: Radical cystoprostatectomy and partial cystectomy, including intracorporeal urinary diversion
- Adrenal surgery: Robotic and laparoscopic total or partial adrenalectomy
Thorough experience in reconstructive urological surgery includes:
- UPJ obstruction: Pyeloplasty
- Ureteral reconstruction: Ureteroneocystostomy, psoas hitch, Boari flap, ureteroureterostomy, ileal interposition
Participation in groundbreaking, advanced surgery includes:
- Laparoendoscopic single-site robotic surgery (LESS)
- NOTES procedures
- Use of novel technologies and advanced instrumentation.
MCh /DNB in Urology
Merit based Interview by the panel of teachers who are nominated for the course.
- Birth Certificate as proof of date and birth
- Copy of Passport/Domicile as proof of Nationality and Address
- Four passport size photographs
- Copy of the MCI Registration Certificate
- Copy of Mark sheets and Degree Certificate of MBBS/MD/MS/ Others
- Copy of Passport of Parents*
- Proof of NRI Status of candidate/Parents*
- Copy of Visa*(*if required for NRI candidates)
Dr. Akanksha Saberwal (Program co-ordinator)
Medical fellowships official Email Id
Phone: +91 8422947961 / +91 8422947962 / +91 22 30965865