Fellowship Course in Minimal Access Surgery – Gynaecology
Dr Neeta Warty is a name, one that is recognized by even an undergraduate medical student from their Gynaecology textbooks. One step further, you will find her mention in Limca and Guinness Book of World Records for removal of large fibroids.
Having received her endoscopy training at Friedrich Schiller University, Germany with Prof. Marc Possover, Dr Warty is known for developing the Laparoscopic approach for Shirodkar Sling Surgery in uterine prolapse. Laparoscopic unification of bicornuate uterus a procedure crafted by her, and was felicitated at Basel University in Switzerland; a procedure she has now pioneered even robotically.
Teaching students has been a passion close to her heart and with this enthusiasm, she is now mentoring this one of a kind fellowship program at D Y Patil University.
Certificate: Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery – Gynecology
Awarded by: DY Patil University (accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ GRADE)
- This is a one-year fellowship program that will be available for qualified gynaecologists desiring additional training in Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery – both laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
- The primary mission of the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery – gynaecologyto provide the skills to assume faculty and leadership positions in gynaecology.
- Fellows will have access to Laproscopic Knoting & Suturing simulation training as part of their curriculum at Asia’s best Simulation laboratory at D Y Patil University.
- The goals of the program include:
Patient Care- to advance the trainees’ clinical skills with emphasis on skill development for the essential hand – eye coordination, academic activity and operating experience and the special procedures of gynaecology.
Teaching- to provide teaching skills that will allow the trainee to become an educator
Research – to develop research skills that will allow independent investigation in either the basic sciences or clinical investigations.
- The qualified gynaecologist will already have the necessary knowledge and experience in the pathophysiology, evaluation, diagnosis and current standard management in all gynaecological pathologies.
- This course will teach them the required knowledge about endoscopic equipment, operation theatre set up and the necessary skill development for performing the endoscopic surgeries that lead them to Fellowship in Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery.
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure
- Advanced Armamentarium & Equipment (provided by University)
MD/MS /DNB /D.G.O. in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Merit based Interview by the panel of teachers who are nominated for the course.
- Birth Certificate as proof of date and birth
- Copy of Passport/Domicile as proof of Nationality and Address
- Four passport size photographs
- Copy of the MCI Registration Certificate
- Copy of Mark sheets and Degree Certificate of MBBS/MD/MS/ Others
- Copy of Passport of Parents*
- Proof of NRI Status of candidate/Parents*
- Copy of Visa*(*if required for NRI candidates)
Course starts with learning –
- Laparoscopic access techniques,
- Safe Trocar insertion, pneumoperitoneum,
- Suturing and knotting,
- Dissection techniques,
- Tissue retrieval techniques,
- Principle of baseball diamond concept of port position,
- Principles of safe use of various energy sources
Candidates should be adept with the following –
- Indications and contraindications for a given laparoscopic operation;
- The pertinent anatomy with regard to both an open technique and to a laparoscopic approach
- The appropriate instrumentation;
- The technical plan, especially regarding trocar position, patient position, and the method to allow adequate exposure using traction and counter traction;
- The possible optional plans; and
- The possible associated complications to recognize and avoid any pitfalls.
Complete “Hands on Training of Laparoscopic Suturing and Knotting will be given for the following –
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Laparoscopic Management of Ovarian Cyst
- Laparoscopic Salpingo-Oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic Management of Tubal Pregnancy
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Total Hysterectomy and Laparoscopic Cervical Circlage
- Supracervical Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Re-canalization Surgery
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
Theory examination – one theory paper 100 marks at the end of course
Practical examination – 100 marks at the end of course
Candidates will also be assessed on
Examiners – two mentors (one external examiner for local region)
Dr. Amit Lala Khomane (Chief Program co-ordinator)
Dr. Akanksha Saberwal (Program co-ordinator)
Medical fellowships official Email Id
Phone: +91 8422947961 / +91 8422947962 / +91 22 30965865