Fellowship In Phaco Surgery
MBBS., DOMS., MS.(Ophth), D.O. (IRELAND)
D.O. (London), F.R.S.H. (London), F.I.O.S. (USA)
Prof. Dr. Keiki R. Mehta is India’s leading Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, a pioneer in Intraocular implants, Lasik and Phacoemulsification.A brilliant surgeon, an outstanding researcher and an intuitive clinician, he has extensive experience of operating over 2 Lakhs Cataracts.
Prof Keiki R. Mehta is considered India’s foremost Ophthalmic surgeon, and has conducted Live Surgical workshops in every major city in India, and has trained thousands of doctors in Intraocular implant surgery and Phacoemulsification.
He has many firsts to his credit, the first to commence intraocular implant in India, first to commence Lasik in India, first to commence Phacoemulsification cataract surgery which has helped lakhs of people all over India for which he is now known as the “Father of Indian Phacoemulsification”
He is the recipient of 17 Gold Medals from India and abroad among a plethora of prestigious awards from Europe as well as the USA, having received virtually all the Honors possible. He has been the President of the All India Ophthalmologists Association and President of the Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society among many others. And now, he has beenawarded Padmashreehonor by the president of India in 2017.
Certificate: Fellowship in Phacosurgery
Awarded by: DY Patil University (accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ GRADE)
Highlights of Phaco fellowship
Course content and Methodology
- Live demonstrations of basic phaco technique on different grade of nucleus by expert phaco surgeon – Dr Keiki Mehta
- Observation of difficult and challenging cases done by the mentor d Dr Keiki Mehta.
- Step wise surgical training procedures with state of the facilities.
- Hands on under guidance and supervision of an expert phaco surgeon.
- While the trainee will perform the surgery the experienced teacher and consultant will stand by to guide the training at each step and take over surgery in likelihood of a problem.
- Pre-op and post op evaluation of your patients.
- Various video assisted lectures including Phaco dynamics and Phaco techniques.
- Maintenance of case records for future personal use
Surgical steps training Protocol
- Incision (Scleral tunnel/ Side Port)
- An introduction to clear corneal tunnel.
- Hydro procedures
- Phaco dynamics
- Cracking Of Nucleus.
- Divide and conquer
- Stop and chop
- Bimanual I/A
- IOL insertion tricks
All the fellows will receive certificate from D Y Patil University.
MS/DNB in Ophthalmology
Merit based Interview by the panel of teachers who are nominated for the course.
- Birth Certificate as proof of date and birth
- Copy of Passport/Domicile as proof of Nationality and Address
- Four passport size photographs
- Copy of the MCI Registration Certificate
- Copy of Mark sheets and Degree Certificate of MBBS/MD/MS/ Others
- Copy of Passport of Parents*
- Proof of NRI Status of candidate/Parents*
- Copy of Visa*(*if required for NRI candidates)
Dr. Amit Lala Khomane (Chief Program co-ordinator)
Dr. Akanksha Saberwal (Program co-ordinator)
Medical fellowships official Email Id
Phone: +91 8422947961 / +91 8422947962 / +91 22 30965865