Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine
As the director of 12 bloom IVF centresacross the country, Dr Nandita Palshetkar is a well-known entity in the field of reproductive medicine. She has more than 25 years of experience in IVF practice and has treated thousands of couples. She has been a pioneer in the field of infertility in the last three decades having introduced various technologies for the 1st time in our country like assisted Laser Hatching Spindle view, IMSI – Embryo scope – Egg banking,etc.
She has been the immediate past president of the Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society and is currently the chairman of Maharashtra Chapter of the IndianSociety of Assisted Reproduction.
She hasas given more than 700 talks, contributed to more than 100 chapters and papers, edited 8 books and delivered more than 20 orations. She has been the recipient of numerous awards for the exemplary work in the field of women health
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai
MD FCPS FICOG MSc (USA)
DrPai is one of the leading pioneers in the field of infertility treatment. He has been the first doctor in India to introduce the following innovations in medical fields such as assisted laser hatching, spindle view, ovarian tissue freezing, oocyte freezing and IMSI and embryoscope.
Currently, he is the Secretary General for The Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India as well as the Senior Vice-President of FOGSI. In addition to being a senior consultant at several renowned hospitals across Mumbai, he is also a faculty in the department of Clinical Embryology & Andrology at E. Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, USA.
DrPai has been the recipient of numerous awards such as the Rashtriya Ekta Award, Best Doctor Award- Indian Medical Association, NavshaktiAward ,Jai Hind College alumni award ,RK Trust Award ,Medscape India National award & Lions International Gold Award
Certification: Fellowship in Reproductive medicine
Awarded by: D Y PATIL UNIVERSITY (accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ GRADE)
- This is a one-year fellowship program that will be available for qualified gynecologists desiring additional training in reproductive medicine and In-Vitro Fertilization.
- The course involves a one month embryology training course where they are given hands-on training in ICSI semen wash
- Simulation Medicine: Candidates to receive training at Asia’s one of a kind and exclusive state-of-the-art simulation training facility at D Y PATIL UNIVERSITY. The SIM LAB boasts of exceptionally high quality laproscopy and hysteroscopy training.
- The fellows will be trained to independently perform Embryo transfer and OPUby the end of the course
- Lecture taken weekly by the mentors
- Opportunity to participate in ongoing clinical studies in the department of Gynaecology.
- Opportunity to conduct at least one original research study during the course duration
- Opportunity to attend and present their research work at state/national/international conferences.
- Access to State of the art library at D Y Patil University. Unrestricted access to a vast database of full text articles for research studies.
MD/MS /DNB /D.G.O. in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Merit based Interview by the panel of teachers who are nominated for the course.
- Birth Certificate as proof of date and birth
- Copy of Passport/Domicile as proof of Nationality and Address
- Four passport size photographs
- Copy of the MCI Registration Certificate
- Copy of Mark sheets and Degree Certificate of MBBS/MD/MS/ Others
- Copy of Passport of Parents*
- Proof of NRI Status of candidate/Parents*
- Copy of Visa* (*if required for NRI candidates
- Menstrual & ovarian cycles
- Spermatogenesis, ejaculation & spermatozoa
- Uterine Receptivity
- Aetiology of female infertility
- Evaluation of female factor
- Investigations in the female
- Etiology of male factor
- Evaluation of male factor
- Treatment of male factors
- Treatment of female factor
- Endometriosis – Diagnosis & management
- Polycystic ovarian disease – Evaluation & management
- Recurrent pregnancy loss – Evaluation & management
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Assisted Conception
- Uterine Receptivity
- Oocyte donation
- Sperm Donation
- Embryo donation
- Setting up of an ART Lab
- Equipments required for setting an ART Lab
- Quality Assurance & quality control in ART laboratory
- Success rate with different treatment modalities for infertility
- Monitoring & treatment of early pregnancy after ART treatment
- Complications of ART & its management
- Immunology in Infertility
- Ethical aspects of infertility management
Dr. Akanksha Saberwal (Program co-ordinator)
Medical fellowships official Email Id
Phone: +91 8422947961 / +91 8422947962 / +91 22 30965865