International Student Cell
The D Y Patil University has an active International student cell which caters to the needs of foreign students from various countries. The University has always been welcoming towards students aspiring for world class education which we believe is our forte. Evolving as a leader in higher education, we have customized the admission procedure, fee structure and all allied services for foreign students. This attracts foreign students who take up the benefit of an array of programs across nine different disciplines to choose from.
Our goal is to encourage students from all over the world to join us in their professional academic voyage and become scholars in their respective fields. During this journey, we ensure to respect their culture and traditions and amalgamate them with our country’s rich traditions and heritage Students from foreign countries are generally admitted at the beginning of the academic session. However, exchange programs with foreign Universities see admission via MoU’S or special collaborations.
Various support services provided by the International student cell:
- Conducting orientation programs to familiarize enrolled students regarding the programs offered, fee structure, eligibility criteria, legalities and policies of the University.
- Monitoring the academic performances of the students by coordinating with mentors and to communicate with guardians/parents regarding progress of the student at the end of a semester or once in every six months.
- Monitoring the payment of fees for the academic program and other services opted for on camps.
- Support and assistance for visas and related immigration process, if necessary.
- Conducting orientation and events to encourage social and cultural adjustment
- Counseling on social issues and special tutorials to facilitate understanding of local language .
Currently we have students pursuing their higher education from The United States of America, Middle East, Africa & Nepal to name a few. The students get to interact with each other and the diverse environment serves as an opportunity to broaden the horizons for the exchange of different ideas.
We focus on the all round development of the student by involving them in cultural activities, sports, fine arts, entrepreneurship etc which promotes them to contemplate beyond academics.
A senior faculty is appointed as Chief coordinator- International Students cell, who attends to the foreign students and ensures their wellbeing in the University. The committee includes:
|Director||Dr.Shirish Patil, Vice Chancellor|
|Chief coordinator||Dr. Surekha Patil, Dean|
|Dr. Omkar Shetty, Dean|
|Administration Officer:||Ms. Archana Surve|