DY Patil Deemed To Be University, School Of Law organized its first Student Council Elections on 10th November 2020 by Mrs. Piyush Maheshwari, faculty head of student council under the guidance of respected Adv. Abhilasha Mane, Faculty in charge/ Coordinator School Of Law.
A Student Council is a representative structure through which students in the college can become involved in the affairs of the university which will help to work in partnership with the college when will benefit the students to enhance their qualities. The Student Council is the benefit of the institutes. Students have a valuable contribution to the betterment of their college and their involvement in the operation of the college is itself a valuable part of the education process for the students. A Student Council provides an opportunity for students to engage in a structured partnership with teachers, students. Research indicates that Student Councils can improve academic standards and reduce dropout rates in colleges. Student Councils can create a sense of ownership of the college and its activities among the student population. The establishment of a Student Council allows students to acquire the sort of communication, planning, and organizational skills which will be of benefit to them in their future lives. It enables students to take responsibility for projects and to demonstrate that they can manage and bring such projects to a successful conclusion. Moreover, the contribution made by a Student Council to the development of college policy in several areas can have significant benefits for students and the college.
The student council committee consists of 5 posts-
2. General Secretary.
3. The Cultural Secretary.
4. The Sports Secretary.
5. Class Representative : Student of class
1) MS. SARAH KADRIfrom LLB was elected as the PRESIDENT for the term 2020-2021. The President is responsible for presiding over meetings of the Council. He or she with the Secretarypreparesthe agenda for each meeting and, where necessary, signs the minutes once they have been agreed by the Council.
2) MS. LAVANYA AJAY KUMAR PANICKERfrom BA-LLB was elected as the GENERAL SECRETARY for the term 2020-2021. The General Secretary along with the President prepares the agenda for each meeting and then circulates it to all the members of the Council either in advance of the meeting or at the start of the meeting. All agenda includes a provision for ‘Any other business’; this allows Council members to raise a matter for discussion in the event which has not been included on the agenda. The Secretary also keeps a record of Council meetings and any decisions taken by the Council. General Secretaryreportsto President and Principal/ HOD/Faculty in charge and assists, coordinates, plan, and communicate with students regarding every event, activity, concern, and takes initiative and responsibility in any affairs.
3). MS. DISHA KHATHANHAR was elected as the Cultural Secretary for the term 2020-2021.
The Cultural Secretary is responsible for planning and conducting cultural events along with 3 members. Committee members will be appointed by consultation of Principal/ HOD/Faculty in charge, President, General Secretary and Head of the cultural committee. Cultural secretary shall represent a school of law in inter-college cultural events organized -State, Inter-state & international competitions and seminars
4) MS. ARYA GAUTAM was elected as The Sports Secretary for the term 2020-2021. The Sports Secretary will be responsible for all sports activities along with 3 members. Committee members will be appointed by consultation of Principal/ HOD/Faculty in charge, President, General Secretary, and had of Sports committee. Sports secretary shall represent a school of law in inter-college Sports events organized -State, Inter-state & international competitions and seminars.
5) MS VAISHALI SHARMA AND MS. DIVYA THORATwas elected as the class representative of BCOM.LLB AND BA.LLB respectively for the term 2020-2021.
Class Representatives shall represent their respective batches and ensures that students’ views on academic as well as other matters are heard.
Each committee shall consist of 5 members (1 Faculty in charge, 1 Head of the Committee & 3 Students.) The election was conducted online. The elections were conducted on an online platform on 11th November 2020 via google forms. The Interested candidates were supposed to nominate themselves and make the registrations on 10th November 2020. the eligibility for nominations were contributions for the school of law in the year 2019-2020 and qualifications for the applied post. On 11th November 2020, the students were supposed to vote for the deserving candidates for their respective categories. The faculty/Professors/HOD/Principal also had voting rights. All Students of D.Y Patil Deemed To be a university school of Law voted for their favorite candidates and choose the best out of all.