Department of Engineering Sciences
Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology, DY Patil Deemed to be University, is one of the top rated , premier institutions of the country, imparting quality engineering education. Since its inception in 1983, it has been growing in leaps and bounds. It has carved a niche for itself in the field of engineering education and it is a proud privilege to have an intake of more than 900 students. The department of “Engineering Sciences” has been a part of RAIT, since its inception. The department plays a pivotal role in training the students who have just joined first year engineering and imparting quality teaching in subjects like Engineering Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanics, Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Computer Programming. Other than these, students are also imparted training in soft skills and communication skills to prepare them for future roles as leaders, managers and entrepreneurs.
The department houses highly qualified and experienced faculty who have been contributing immensely to the teaching and learning process. The faculty is totally dedicated to impart quality education through innovative teaching methodology. The faculty at the same time is also dedicating their sincere efforts in research and development by tying up with industry and doing innovative projects in their respective field of study. There are faculty mentors in the department who cater to the academic as well as psychological needs of students. Students have an excellent rapport with the faculty as they are amicable and approachable. In the “Engineering Sciences” department, the student-teacher bond is unique and appreciable. Apart from academics, students are also encouraged consistently to participate in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. In the beginning of the semester, the induction programme is organized, which provides a plethora of extracurricular activities to students in which they can participate throughout the semester. Yoga, games, creative arts, motivational sessions etc are organized to train the students in coping up with stressful situations and facing the future challenges of industry and life in general.
The department has 12 classrooms and 6 laboratories housed on ground, first and second floors. The classrooms are soundproof, spacious with high tech facilities like smart boards and LCD, which initiates interactive learning. Laboratories are well equipped with latest instruments , apparatus and software. All basic and modern amenities are provided to students and faculty, to make the department a place conducive for teaching, learning and research. The overall ambience iseco friendly and exudes hope, positivity and well-being
“Arise, Awake and Stop not, till the Goal is reached” Swami Vivekananda
A very warm welcome to the new batch of students who will be gracing the portals of RAIT. Your beaming expressions replete with anticipation to a new beginning, is a pleasure that we look forward to, every academic year. I heartily congratulate you for securing that coveted position in one of the most reputed, world class institutions, that imparts quality engineering education. During the coming four years, you will be undergoing complete 360 degree training which will not only transform you into engineers with talents and expertise but would harness your potential to the fullest . Apart from academics, the institute offers you a plethora of skill development courses and extracurricular activities which will fully activate your mind, body and spirit to meet the challenges of the industry and life in general. The sylvan ambience and the lush green campus would definitely add to your enthusiasm ,physical and emotional well- being.
Your journey as budding engineers has just begun. This journey will be an enjoyable and fruitful one only if you work diligently and sincerely towards achieving your goals. This year there are many positive changes in the curriculum, incorporated by our prestigious DY Patil Deemed to be University. These innovative teaching methods will add an extra dimension to your personality and prepare you to face the future challenges of the industry as well as life in general. Arts, culture, literary activities, physical and social activities have been introduced to encourage a balanced, overall holistic development of students. I entreat you to involve yourselves wholeheartedly into this innovative teaching-learning ambience and secure your claim to fame and success. So fasten your seat belts…..your journey towards a bright and promising future begins with elan. Immerse yourself in the joy of learning and innovation.
Head of Department, Engineering Sciences.
To impart quality education pertaining to First year Engineering. To prepare the students for leadership roles and strengthen the basic concepts which will make them understand the engineering concepts better at higher semesters.To develop the overall character and personality through spiritual workshops so that they not only emerge as excellent engineers but also ethical human beings.
Addressing the basic technical skills of students and make them understand the basics of engineering. Training the students in leadership capabilities which will prepare them for future significant roles at the organizational level.Developing their emotional and spiritual quotient through Stress Management seminars and workshops.Strengthening the foundation of students, by providing exposure to diverse technical fields.Inculcating practical learning through innovative teaching and learning techniques, inculcating ethical values and preparing them to face the challenges of the future.
Long Term Goals:
- To develop of departmental research laboratory.
- To set up platform for more consultancy projects in basic engineering sciences.
Short Term Goals:
- To improve methods to enhance academic performance of students.
- To develop problem solving ability in students so that they can take up future challenges.
- To inculcate professional skills and ethics in students.
- Encouraging students and faculty to do more research work to solve real life problems.
Research & Development
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as Compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects for OPEN Category and 45% Marksin Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects for Backward class categories (SC, ST, VJ-NT, OBC, SBC, SEBC) of Maharashtra State only.
- The Candidate should have appeared in MHT-CET 2020 (PCM) and should have obtained non zero score in MHT-CET 2020.
- The Candidate should have appeared in JEE MAIN Exam 2020 and should have obtained non zero score in JEE MAIN Exam 2020.
July 2020 to June 2024
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- JEE Marksheet / MH -CET Marksheet.
- Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.