PhD in Computer Engineering
The Doctoral program offered by Department of Computer Engineering gives the student a complete freedom to pursue both theoretical and empirical studies in a chosen domain of interest. The program ensures creating a strong technical background necessary to carry out the research and delivering original and substantial contribution to the discipline of computer engineering. The success is measured by conference presentations, conference publications, peer-reviewed journal articles, and the completion of a successful PhD thesis along with oral defense.
The Ph.D degree is for those wishing to pursue a career in industrial research and development or institute / university research and teaching.
The department has 9 Doctorate faculty and 18 faculty pursuing Ph.D program from various reputed universities. They are pursuing research in diverse domains of Computer Engineering. The thrust areas recognized and currently working but not limited to are:
- AI and its Applications: Computer Vision, Image Registration, Video Processing and Smart Surveillance Systems, GIS image Processing, Satellite Image Processing, Health care applications, Steganography, Content Based Image Retrieval
- Networking and security: VoLTE, Protocol Stacks (Computer Networks), Mobile Computing, Wireless Networking, Vehicular Ad Hoc network, 5G Applications, Adhoc networks, Wireless sensor networks, Covert Channels
- Information and information Security: Cyber Security, Digital forensics,Information Security.
- Data Science: Data mining, Text Mining, Text analysis, Natural Language Processing, Big Data Analytics
- Computing: Cloud Computing, High Performance Computing, Compiler Design,
Recommendation to Students:
- Student who wants to pursue research in the above domains or has an interdisciplinary problem linked to above domain should opt.
- Student with keen interest in developing research skills and real time problem solving ability should opt.
- Student with keen interest in building currier in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing and Data science and also wants to so these application research on High Performance Computing platforms should opt.
- Student with keen interest in building currier in Networking, Protocol stack, network security applied to internet, Adhoc, mobile, wireless, wireless sensor and vehicular networks should opt.
- Student with keen interest on taking professional growth in cloud domain should opt
1) M. Tech / M.E in relevant discipline from an Institute / University recognized by AICTE / UGC / Central/state Government
2) Admission to the PhD courses is based on entrance test (PET) followed by an online interview conducted by DY Patil Deemed to be University.
3) Candidates with UGC-NET (including JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF), SLET, GATE, teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Program is exempted from Entrance Test but is required to appear for an interview.
4) Final Selection will be based on the overall merit index of the candidate which will be arrived at by taking into account the candidate’s performance in the previous university examinations at Master’s level and the performance in the written test, research output ME/M. Tech tenure and the performance in personal interview.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Total Marks|
Total marks: 100
Duration: 90 minutes
1. Contact +91 8448449859 for any information/query.
2. It is mandatory for the candidates to register at Click Here
Minimum 3 years
Fees: Rs 2,00,000/-
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- B.E / B.Tech Marksheet of all 8 semesters.
- B.E / B.Tech Degree Certificate.
- M.E/ M.Tech Marksheet of all semesters.
- M.E / M.Tech Degree Certificate.
- GATE / PET exam non zero score card.
- M.E / M.Tech Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if available.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.