PhD in Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
The PhD programme of department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering offers the opportunity to explore and develop new technology. The department has got the expertise and experience in carrying out high quality research work in many areas.
The department is well equipped to conduct contemporary research in the field of microwave and antenna applications. From the modelling and design of both low power and high-power microwave devices and circuits to design and fabrication of antennas and phased arrays, the department has got the expertise and experience in carrying out high quality research. The department is also equipped with high-end software and hardware research equipment such as Vector Network Analyzer, Doppler Radar Experimental Setup, Antenna Measurement System, EM Cube, COMSOL Multiphysics, etc.
Wireless sensor networks (WSN) is the emerging field of research, in recent years mobility has become an important area of research for the WSN community, Mobile wireless sensor networks (MWSNs), Vehicular adhoc network (VANET) are some of the areas pertaining to WSNs.
The research in Image and Video Processing, Statistical Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Signal processing, acoustics and related fields is both experimental and computational in nature and includes simulation and measurement of physical systems, as well as signal processing. The department has well qualified faculties having requisite expertise in above areas
The department of Electronics and Telecommunication has got the required infrastructure viz. laboratories equipped with high and softwares like LabVIEW, COMSOL Multiphysics, EM Cube and various NI hardware’s and many more to encourage research activities
Recommendation to Students
- Students who are passionately looking forward to pursue research in areas related to Electronics and Telecommunication should opt for the PhD degree.
- Students interested in R & D careers in Telecommunication, Networking, Signal Processing and allied areas will find this programme of immense use.
1) M. Tech / M.E in relevant discipline from an Institute / University recognized by AICTE / UGC / Central/state Government
2) Admission to the PhD courses is based on entrance test (PET) followed by an online interview conducted by DY Patil Deemed to be University.
3) Candidates with UGC-NET (including JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF), SLET, GATE, teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Program is exempted from Entrance Test but is required to appear for an interview.
4) Final Selection will be based on the overall merit index of the candidate which will be arrived at by taking into account the candidate’s performance in the previous university examinations at Master’s level and the performance in the written test, research output ME/M. Tech tenure and the performance in personal interview.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Total Marks|
Total marks: 100
Duration: 90 minutes
1. Contact +91 8448449859 for any information/query.
2. It is mandatory for the candidates to register at Click Here
Minimum 3 years
Fees: Rs 2,00,000/-
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- B.E / B.Tech Marksheet of all 8 semesters.
- B.E / B.Tech Degree Certificate.
- M.E/ M.Tech Marksheet of all semesters.
- M.E / M.Tech Degree Certificate.
- GATE / PET exam non zero score card.
- M.E / M.Tech Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if available.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.