PhD in Electronics Engineering
The doctoral program in the Department of Electronics Engineering offers research scholars to work in the cutting-edge research domains in electronics engineering. The students, selected through a rigorous process of entrance test and interview, are given complete freedom to choose their doctoral supervisors. They are required to acquire the necessary credits by completing course work and seminars. Following this, the research scholars, under the guidance of supervisors, immerse themselves in rigorous research activities that include a thorough literature survey to understand the state of current research in the chosen field and explore open problems, problem formulation & analysis and research work. A review of the status of their work is carried out twice a year. It is mandatory for a research scholar to publish the work in refereed journals and reputed international conferences. The research scholars are trained to make a significant contribution to knowledge in the field of electronics engineering.
The department has highly motivated PhD faculty members supervising the doctoral work. The department offers ideal research-conducive environment to research scholars and provides them the state-of-the-art infrastructure to work on. The department is equipped with all modern experimental setups and softwares and the institute has subscribed to reputed journals like IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, ACM and the plagiarism-check software.
Broad research domains (not an executive list):
- Embedded systems and IoT.
- 5G communication networks.
- VLSI design.
- Machine Learning and AI.
- Power electronics.
- Signal and Image processing.
- Control Systems.
- MEMS technology.
1) M. Tech / M.E in relevant discipline from an Institute / University recognized by AICTE / UGC / Central/state Government
2) Admission to the PhD courses is based on entrance test (PET) followed by an online interview conducted by DY Patil Deemed to be University.
3) Candidates with UGC-NET (including JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF), SLET, GATE, teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Program is exempted from Entrance Test but is required to appear for an interview.
4) Final Selection will be based on the overall merit index of the candidate which will be arrived at by taking into account the candidate’s performance in the previous university examinations at Master’s level and the performance in the written test, research output ME/M. Tech tenure and the performance in personal interview.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Total Marks|
Total marks: 100
Duration: 90 minutes
1. Contact +91 8448449859 for any information/query.
2. It is mandatory for the candidates to register at Click Here
Minimum 3 years
Fees: Rs 2,00,000/-
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- B.E / B.Tech Marksheet of all 8 semesters.
- B.E / B.Tech Degree Certificate.
- M.E/ M.Tech Marksheet of all semesters.
- M.E / M.Tech Degree Certificate.
- GATE / PET exam non zero score card.
- M.E / M.Tech Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if available.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.