PhD in Instrumentation Engineering
PhD. Instrumentation Engineering or Doctor of Philosophy in Instrumentation Engineering is a Doctorate course. It is designed to prepare students to take on a wide variety of interdisciplinary courses that focus on principles from mathematics, electrical, electronics, computer science as well as the fundamental electrical, control and instrumentation engineering concepts. A Ph.D. program is offered in two modes- Full time and Part-time. Hence, coursework, participation in various interactions, submission of progress reports through presentations, etc. regularly is mandatory during the program. A Full-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time for completing the requirements of the program and a part-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of his time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging his official/employment obligations. Hence, Part-time Candidates are expected to ensure they get adequate organizational help and a relevant setup at their workplace that also enables them to engage in research work. Ph.D. full time is for a minimum of 3 years and a Ph.D. part-time for a minimum of 4 ½ years. The maximum duration in the case of both the modes is 6 years.
Institute encourages interdisciplinary research and exchange of ideas and knowledge in various related fields. Consequently, it allows scholars to appoint a Co-Guide from the outside institute as per university rules. The main Guide for the scholar during the Ph.D. program will be from Institute, appointed as per the research topic and Guide availability. Ph.D. full-time enthusiasts have the scope to work as research fellows in the various ongoing research projects at the DY Patil University.
1) M. Tech / M.E in relevant discipline from an Institute / University recognized by AICTE / UGC / Central/state Government
2) Admission to the PhD courses is based on entrance test (PET) followed by an online interview conducted by DY Patil Deemed to be University.
3) Candidates with UGC-NET (including JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF), SLET, GATE, teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Program is exempted from Entrance Test but is required to appear for an interview.
4) Final Selection will be based on the overall merit index of the candidate which will be arrived at by taking into account the candidate’s performance in the previous university examinations at Master’s level and the performance in the written test, research output ME/M. Tech tenure and the performance in personal interview.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Total Marks|
Total marks: 100
Duration: 90 minutes
1. Contact +91 8448449859 for any information/query.
2. It is mandatory for the candidates to register at Click Here
Minimum 3 years
Fees: Rs 2,00,000/-
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- B.E / B.Tech Marksheet of all 8 semesters.
- B.E / B.Tech Degree Certificate.
- M.E/ M.Tech Marksheet of all semesters.
- M.E / M.Tech Degree Certificate.
- GATE / PET exam non zero score card.
- M.E / M.Tech Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if available.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.