Department of Computer Engineering (Test)
As one of the founder branch, Department Computer Engineering started in the year 1983 with undergraduate (BE) program under the visionary guidance of Dr. D Y Patil. It has grown by leaps and bounds over the last three decades in terms of infrastructure, courses and faculty. The department labs are fully equipped with latest configuration, licensed softwares and Internet facility. Department has experienced and dynamic faculty members. All faculty dedicatedly work to impart quality education in the field of computer engineering to equip the budding engineers with the right knowledge, skills and professional attitude to be an entrepreneur, researcher or aspire to be part of the corporate world. The long term goal of the department is to harness the skills of the faculty and students to create a technically sound learning environment that can be beneficial to industry, society and research innovations. The department has Post Graduate and Ph.D programs and strives to excel in research front.
It gives me immense pleasure to lead the department of Computer Engineering of RAIT, which has its inception in 1983 through the pioneering vision of Dr. D Y Patil. Over 3 decades, it has grown into a premier institution for Under-graduate (UG), Post-graduate (PG) and Ph.D courses.
The department is striving hard towards its goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic excellence and to prepare technically strong, ethically sound and morally elevated engineers. The excellent infrastructure and teaching faculty, practicing best of the student centric teaching methodologies, ensures a bright future to its students with superior knowledge, skills and attitude.
The PG and PhD researchers are working in frontier areas of Computer technology and are constantly in pursuit of excellence. Along with academics, department also provides many value added courses, seminars and workshops to enhance the students’ career and research prospects.
Thus we are confident that our Engineers will emerge as assets who can sustain the impact of computer education for social needs encompassing entrepreneurship, higher studies, corporate industries, educational institutions and public service.
I congratulate all the students and the faculty members for their brilliant and original efforts. I wish them a great academic career.
Dr. Leena R. Ragha
Head of Department,
Department of Computer Engineering.
To impart higher and quality education in computer science with value-added engineering and technology programs to prepare technically sound, ethically strong engineers with social awareness. To extend the facilities, to meet the fast-changing requirements and nurture the youths with international competencies and exemplary level of employability and research under highly competitive environments.
To mobilize the resources and equip the institution with men and materials of excellence to provide knowledge and develop technologies in the thrust areas of computer science and Engineering. To provide the diverse platforms of sports, technical, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for the overall development of the students with ethical attitude. To prepare the students to sustain the impact of computer education for social needs encompassing industry, educational institutions and public service. To collaborate with IITs, reputed universities and industries for the technical and overall upliftment of the students for continuing learning and entrepreneurship.
Departmental Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To provide Computer Engineering students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- PEO2: To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the software and hardware, understand the technical specifications, create a model, design, implement and verify a computing system to meet specified requirements while considering real-world constraints to solve real world problems.
- PEO3: To provide broad education necessary to understand the science of computer engineering and the impact of it in a global and social context.
- PEO4: To provide exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training & opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- PEO5: To provide knowledge of professional and ethical responsibility and to contribute to society through active engagement with professional societies, schools, civic organizations or other community activities.
- PEO6: To provide strong in-depth education through electives and to promote student awareness on the life-long learning to adapt to innovation and change, and to be successful in their professional work or graduate studies.
- The candidate should have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together (at least 45% marks, in case of Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
The candidate should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- The candidate should have appeared in MHT-CET 2020 (PCM) and should have obtained non zero score in MHT-CET 2020 (PCM).
The candidate should have appeared in JEE MAIN Exam 2020 and should have obtained non zero score in JEE MAIN Exam 2020.
July 2020 to June 2024
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination Marksheet & Passing Certificate.
- JEE Marksheet / MH -CET Marksheet.
- Leaving or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Nationality Certificate, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable.
- Migration Certificate.
- Reserved Category students require Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate duly issued by the competent authority.
- Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians.