Women Cell of D Y Patil Deemed to be university is established with the motto of “towards self-empowered mind“. The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students.
- Identification of strong leadership, change-makers among women and girls and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- To organize awareness programs on gender sensitization.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for girls and women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To conduct seminars and workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- Arranging seminars to create awareness on the economic, social, political, and legal rights of women.
- Organizing different activities to make women aware of their health, sports, self-defence etc.