B. Tech. Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering blends traditional engineering techniques with biological sciences and medicine to improve quality of human health and life. The discipline focuses both on understanding complex timing systems by conducting experiments and analytical technique and on development of devices, methods and algorithms that advance medical and biological knowledge while improving the effectiveness and delivery of clinical medicine.
The B. Tech Biomedical Engineering course provides students with a broad and flexible education in engineering and biological sciences as well as medically related subjects.
The students are prepared to analyze, synthesize and link knowledge in multi-disciplinary fields. The students will be an integral part of the society to improve the understanding and control of biological processes towards improving human health.
Our curriculum guides students face a complex, diverse and global workplace.
Eligibility for appearing at AIET – 2016
• The Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission. Candidate must have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board, securing minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects. English as a subject is compulsory.
• Candidates with Mathematics will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Biomedical Engineering / Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• Candidates with Biology will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• The Scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe and OBC students shall have relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
July 2017 – June 2018
1. S.S.C / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
2. H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
3. AIET B. Tech 2016 mark statement.
4. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of Institution last attended
5. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
6. Nationality Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate, If available
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate duly verified by the Competent Authority
10. Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin /Wards of Non Resident Indians
11. Physical Fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
12.Income / Salary certificate of parents
Semester – I
• Environmental Science
• Applied Chemistry
• Applied Mathematics I
• Basic Electricity and Electronics
• Molecules of life
• Engineering Mechanics
Semester – II
• Engineering Drawing
• Applied Physics
• Applied Mathematics II
• Electrical network analysis and synthesis
• Programming in C and data structures
• Professional English and communication
Semester – III
• Electronics Circuit analysis & design I
• Electronic instruments & measurements.
• Applied Mathematics III
• Human Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical biochemistry and microbiology
• Biomaterial Science
Semester – IV
• Electronics Circuit analysis& design II
• Basic control system
• Applied Mathematics IV
• Digital circuits
• Transducers in Biomedical Instrumentation
• Signal and systems
Semester – V
• Biological Control system
• Analog and Digital Communication
• Digital Signal Processing
• Biomedical Instrumentation I
• Medical Imaging
Semester – VI
• Microcontrollers and Embedded System
• Analog Intergraded circuits & Applications
• Principles Of Image Processing
• Nuclear Medical imaging and medicine
• Biomedical Instrumentation II
Semester – VII
• Hospital Management and Medical Informatics
• Bio MEMS& Nanotechnology
• IPR and Engineering Ethics
• Advanced Medical Imaging
• Advanced Medical Instrumentation
II, III, IV Year