Biotech education is the key to sustainable development and the conservation of planet Earth. Be it creation of artificial life, stem cell research or gene mapping, biotechnology and bioinformatics have revolutionized our lives. Spectacular discoveries and advancements in biotechnology have led to the development of any array of products in the area of healthcare, agriculture and environment.
1. Facilitate students to clear major concepts and principles in the Chemical, Physical and life sciences that provide a solid foundation for understanding the advances in the field of biotechnology.
2. Integrate the course work knowledge to research and industry based work
3. Assist understanding of legal issues affecting biotechnology and other science-based industries
4. Expertise in tools and techniques in various fields of biotechnology.
5. Ability to work in team or independently in laboratory and written/oral presentations.
6. Understand the need to learn professional biotechnology literature for purposes of research for projects and individual class topics
7. Attain technical proficiency, and communication skills for graduate/professional advanced education.
Eligibility for appearing at AIET – 2016
• The Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission. Candidate must have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board, securing minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects. English as a subject is compulsory.
• Candidates with Mathematics will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Biomedical Engineering / Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• Candidates with Biology will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• The Scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe and OBC students shall have relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
July 2017 – June 2018
1. S.S.C / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
2. H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
3. AIET B. Tech 2016 mark statement.
4. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of Institution last attended
5. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
6. Nationality Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate, If available
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate duly verified by the Competent Authority
10. Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin /Wards of Non Resident Indians
11. Physical Fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
12.Income / Salary certificate of parents
Semester – I
• Ecology & Environment Science
• Applied Chemistry-I
• Basic Mathematics
• Engineering Mechanics
• Cell & Developmental Biology
• Professional English and Communication
Semester – II
• Engineering Drawing
• Applied Chemistry – II
• Mammalian Anatomy
• Electronic Devices and Circuits
• Applied Physics
Semester – III
• Molecules of Life
• Mammalian Physiology
• Biological and Biochemical Techniques
• Molecular Biology I
Semester – IV
• Intermediary Metabolism I
• Commercial Aspects of Biotechnology
• Molecular Biology II
• Environmental Biotechnology
Semester – V
• Medical microbiology
• Intermediary Metabolism II
• Organizational Behavioral
• IPR, Biosafety, Bioethics & Entrepreneurship
• Enzymology & Enzyme Technology
• Introduction to Biological databases
Semester – VI
• Advanced Analytical Techniques
• Molecular Cell signaling
• Bioprocess Technology
• Animal Cell Culture and Technology
• Genetic Engineering I
• Sequence & Structure Analysis Techniques in Bioinformatics
Semester – VII
• Genomics and Proteomics
• Research methodology and Scientific Writing
• Bioseparation Technology
• Plant Biotechnology
• Genetic Engineering II
• Principles of Drug Action, Modeling and Design
II, III, IV Year