BOOTATHON 2020 to be held at D Y Patil School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics – February 2020
DYPU-SBB in coordination and support with Virtual Labs and IIT Bombay will be hosting the Bootathon 2020 – Bootcamp + Hackathon in the month of February 2020. [DATE OF THE EVENT, REGISTRATION LINK ETC. TO BE UPDATED SOON]
About Bootathon 2020
· Bootathon 2020 is a combination of Bootcamp & Hackathon. We will have a specialized training program for enthusiastic Instructors and curious student programmers.
· Develop a skillset and put them into practice, test them through a challenge and prove what you have learned!
· The winners become a trendsetter in transforming lab education.
· The NMEICT Virtual Labs project has at this time created ~100 labs (1 Lab is a collection of 8-10 experiments) covering concepts in various engineering and science curricula. These can be accessed at vlab.co.in
· However, there remains a need for additional content to be created, primarily to fill gaps in syllabi, but also towards developing improved versions of content already hosted. Consequently, we encourage Lab Developers to come forward to develop such content. To facilitate the creation of such content, we are conducting this Bootathon.
iii. The Expected Outcome
· Participants ( both Faculty and Students) will be creating new experiments and their creation, shall be hosted live during the Bootathon on the Community Portal Vlabs-Dev vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlabs-dev/ The Teams shall be mentored by the Expert Mentors
· We expect that this will enable collaborative development of content, with Developers both seeking and sharing best technology and pedagogy practices.
iv. The competition
· The teams have to arrive one day before the event day.
· There will be Mentors and Resource persons who shall give lectures, Tips, and Tricks to perfect their Experiment even more.
· 1 Day will be given to improvise their experiments even better.
· Teams shall have to start developing the 2nd experiment.
· Given the experience, the teams have in developing the first experiment, they can move towards completing the 2nd Experiment and can move to 3rd experiment when the 2nd one is completed.
· It is a time-based event, teams shall be evaluated on the basis of the most number of experiment.
v. What do you get?
· Teams completing the development with, a Mentor & Reviewer rating of 5 out of 5 for exactly 1 experiment, all the team members get a Certificate of Participation
· Teams completing the development with, a Mentor & Reviewer rating of 5 out of 5 for exactly 2 experiments, each member gets certified with a Virtual Labs SILVER Developer
· Teams completing the development of exactly 3 experiments, each member gets certified as with a Virtual Labs GOLD Developer
· Teams completing the development of an entire lab consisting of at least 5 experiments or more experiments, each member gets certified as with a Virtual Labs PLATINUM Developer
· PLATINUM Certified Developers also gets an opportunity to:
· Become Experts for the future BOOTATHON shall be invited by Virtual Labs nationally, for the development efforts.
· Opportunity to serve as a Reviewer on Vlabs-Dev, reviewing national level Vlabs development.
About Virtual Labs
· Virtual Labs project is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under the aegis of National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT)
· All students and Faculty Members of Science and Engineering Colleges who do not have access to good lab‐facilities and/or instruments.
· High‐school students, whose inquisitiveness will be triggered, possibly motivating them to take up higher studies. Researchers from different institutes who can collaborate and share resources.
· Different engineering colleges who can benefit from the content and related teaching resources.
· Virtual Labs do not require any additional infrastructural setup for conducting experiments at user premises. The simulation-based experiments can be accessed remotely via the internet.
· All the Labs can be accessed the central portal vlab.co.in