1. Dr. Naveen P., Dr. Selvaakumar C., Ms. Nidhi Sharma and Ms. Shreedevi Kulkarni attended Microsoft Education Workshop on “A Digital Transformation in Education” at Microsoft India Office, Mumbai on 23rd November, 2017.
2. Dr. Debjani Dasgupta- Director, invited to attend the 2nd Edition of Principals Conclave on ‘Building Institutions of Excellence’ organized by CII western region at WeSchool Campus, Mumbai on 20th Nov, 2017.
3. Dr. Shanooba PM. Participated in “Food Ingredients India Exhibition” at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon on 10th November, 2017 and attended the technical seminar on FSSAI – New Initiatives.
4. Dr. Naveen P. and Ms. Sneha Dokhale presented a poster on “Combined Gene Expression Analysis in HIV – Associated Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease: An In silico approach” at the Indian Conference on Bioinformatics, INBIX’ 17 organized by Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Jaipur during 7th – 9th November 2017. Dr. Naveen P. also participated in the idea pitch – in session of the Conference.
5. Mr. PramodKumar Gupta’s team presented a paper entitled ‘Synthesis, biological evaluation, docking and QSAR studies of some novel thiazolidinediones as partial Ppar γ agonists’ at the International conference on medical, biological and pharmaceutical science (ICMBPS) held in Berlin, Germany on 3rd-4th Nov, 2017.
6. Dr. Arpita Gupte attended and successfully completed UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in “Bio-Sciences” conducted at University of Mumbai from 23rd October to 11th November, 2017.
7. Dr. Selvaakumar C. presented an e-poster titled “Gene-Specific-Candidate-Driven Study to decipher Genetic Predisposition to Rotavirus Infection” at the NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies Conference held at Odisha from 2nd – 4th October, 2017.
8. Dr. Azza Silotry Naik delivered a talk on “Vitamin D deficiency and methods of bio fortification” at the “Power Talk” organized by Association of Food Scientists and Technologist, India (AFSTI) Mumbai on 29th July 2017.
9.Dr. Shanooba P.M. delivered a talk on “Nutraceutical Values of Vegetables of Gourd Family” at the “Power Talk” organized by Association of Food Scientists and Technologist, India (AFSTI) Mumbai on 29th July 2017.
10. Dr. Azza Silotry Naik acted as an external expert for the “Technologists Assessment / Interview” conducted by Expert Inspection Agency, Mumbai, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India on 06.07.2017.
11. Mr. Naveen P. acted as resource person of AICTE and ISTE approved short term teachers training program on “Bioinformatics: Emerging research trends and applications” at K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai on 28th and 30th June 2017.
12. Dr Sunita Singh acted as resource person of AICTE and ISTE approved short term teachers training program on ‘ Bioinformatics: Emerging research trends and applications. She delivered a talk on ‘Fundamentals of Genomics’ at K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai on 27th June, 2017.
13. Mr. Ashish Dabade attended the Training of Trainers for “Safe and Nutrition Food at School” Organized by EU – India (Capacity Building Initiative for Trade Development on 12th & 13th June, 2017.
14. Dr. Azza Silotry Naik attended Food Safety Summit organized by Aigilent Technologies at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, Mumbai on 6 & 7 June, 2017.
15. The Patent filed by Mr. Aman Zalawadia, Mr. Anuj Thapar, Mr. Ashish Dabade and Dr. Debjani Dasgupta on “Chemical Neutralizer for Denaturation of Pesticides” was published in the official journal of patent office on 5th May, 2017. (Issue N. 18/2017)
16. Dr. Sunita Singh, Associate Professor was invited as resource person/ Speaker at 5th National level conference on “Contemporary Development at Biotech-Bioinformatics Interface” on 26th March, 2017, organized by BIT Virtual Patan Node, Department of Life Sciences, Hem. North Gujrat University, Patan and she delivered a talk entitled “Unrevealing evolutionary transition among genomes using conventional barcoding principles”.
17. Mr. Naveen Padmadas, Assistant Professor was invited as resource person/ Speaker/ Judge for Oral Presentation at 5th National level conference on “Contemporary Development at Biotech-Bioinformatics Interface” on 26th March, 2017, organized by BIT Virtual Patan Node, Department of Life Sciences, Hem. North Gujrat University, Patan and he delivered a talk entitled “Computational approaches to unveil the dynamics of Aβ-HSP60 p458 conjugate to HLA-DR-DRB allele in Alzheimer’s disease patients”. He was also the judge for oral presentation session.
18. Mr. Pramodkumar Gupta, Assistant Professor, has presented a poster entitled “In-Silico Analysis and Molecular Docking Studies of RH1 Drug with Upregulated Protein Kinases in RH1-Resistant Human Breast Cancer Cell Line MDA-MB-231.” was presented at the 60th International Conference for Students of Physics and Natural Sciences – Open Reading 2017, organized by National Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (NCPST), Lithuania.
19. Ms. Parvathi J. R., Ms. Kanchanlata Singh and Mr. Somnath Tagore faculty of the School were awarded the Ph.D. degree.
20. Ms. Pallavi Padwal secured the Best Poster Presentation Award at ICFMNCC – 2015 held at Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Mahavidyalay, Pandharpur, Dist. Solapur, on 9th – 11th March, 2015.
21. Mr. Manish Bhat won the third prize in the Poster Presentation at the National Conference on “Recent Trends and Innovations in Microbial World” organized by the Department of Microbiology at Smt. Chandibai Himathmal Mansukhani College, Ulhasnagar on 15th – 16th January, 2015. He also won second prize for paper presentation at the UGC Sponsored two days National Seminar on “Expanding Panorama of Microbiology” organized by the Department of Microbiology, Changu Kana Thakur College, New Panvel, Navi Mumbai, on 21st and 22nd November, 2014.
Mr. Manish Bhat receiving the second prize for the Paper Presentation on Expanding Panorama of Microbiology
22. Ms. Bhakti Mhatre received the “Best Paper Award” for the paper entitled “Ameliorative effect of Morinda citrifolia extract on Imatinib induced toxicities – in vitro studies on RBC’s” in the 2nd International Conference on “Prospects and Challenges in Biotechnology” organized by the Department of Biotechnology, SIES GST, Nerul, Navi Mumbai on 8th – 9th January, 2015.
'Education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think.' - Albert Einstein