M. Sc. Biotechnology
Biotech education is key to sustainable development and conservation of planet Earth. Be it creation of artificial life, stem cell research or gene mapping, biotechnology and bioinformatics have revolutionized our lives. Spectacular discoveries and advancements in biotechnology have led to the development of many array of products in the area of healthcare, agriculture and environment.
1. Attain theoretical and practical knowledge about tools and scientific approaches used in biotechnology and how their application in solving societal and commercial issues.
2. Critical analysis of primary literature in the field, oral presentation of published research and communication of this to peer group.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team or independently in the laboratory and elsewhere
4. Achieve in-depth exploration of emerging technologies, innovations, and new products that are noteworthy to the biotechnology industry,
5. Facilitate survey of published literature, define an original problem for inquiry, design and execute experiments to test this problem, analyze the data, and present the research in writing or orally
Students achieve the ability to work effectively in a team or independently in the laboratory and in other Biotechnology firms. They become capable in in-depth exploration of emerging technologies, innovations, and new products that are noteworthy to the biotechnology industry. Students with M.Sc-BT degree from the school obtain PhD position in top ranking Universities of the world and a significant number of students hold commendable positions in the Biotech Industry.
Some exiting students have also become leaders of the society in the form of successful entrepreneurs with their problem solving ability, scientific reasoning and critical thinking.
A graduate student having completed three years Science degree programme in Biotechnology /Bioinformatics/ Life sciences / Zoology / Botany / Chemistry / Microbiology / Applied Biology / Biochemistry / Genetics / M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / M. V. Sc. with minimum 50% marks.
July 2020 to April 2022
1. Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate.
2. Post Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate, if applicable.
3. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended .
4. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
5. Migration Certificate
6. Aadhar Card
7. Income / Salary Certificate of Parent
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate if applicable, duly verified by the Competent Authority
10. Passport (in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians)
11. Physical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner
Semester – I
• Cell Organization and Biochemistry
• Molecular Biophysics and Analytical Techniques
• Microbial Biology
• Biology of Immune System
Semester – II
• Animal Biotechnology, IPR and Entrepreneurship
• Molecular Biology
• Basic Techniques In Molecular Biology
• Plant Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology
Semester – III
• Diagnostics and OMICS
• Bioprocess Technology
• Research Methodology & Biostatistics