M. Tech Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics is a scientific discipline that deals with the retrieval, storage, processing, analysis, and management of biological information through computational techniques. It uses mathematics, biology, and information technology to understand the biological importance of an extensive variety of data. Bioinformatics technologies are used in various pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. It is majorly used in the medical sector, driven by the increasing use of bioinformatics for the drug discovery and development process. The global bioinformatics market was valued at $2.9 billion in 2012 and is poised to reach $7.5 billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 20.9%. The growth of the bioinformatics market is driven by decrease in cost of DNA sequencing, increasing government initiatives and funding, and growing use of bioinformatics in drug discovery and biomarkers development processes.
The Bioinformatics course provides student with a broad and flexible education in understanding life science and how computers can help in understanding the information/ data in a well structured manner. It exposes the students to various biological instrumentation techniques, Molecular Biology techniques, specialized techniques to interpret and analyze biological data and research, Programming and Database Management, Algorithm Development and Data analysis and Artificial Intelligence.
Eligibility for appearing at AIET – 2015
A graduate student having completed any of the following with minimum 50% marks
B.E. / B. Tech Biotechnology / B. Tech Bioinformatics / Chemical Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Biomedical Engineering / Bioprocess Technology / B. Pharmacy / M.B.BS. / B.D.S. OR M.Sc. and equivalent.
July 2015 to June 2016
1. Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate.
2. Post Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate,
3. AIET M.Tech 2015 mark statement 4. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last
5. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended. 6. Nationality Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate, If available
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate if applicable, duly verified by the
10. Passport (in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Indian Origin / Wards of
Non Resident Indians)
11. Physical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Semester – I
• Trends in Bioinformatics
• Program Design and Data Structures in C
• Mathematical Methods for Bioinformatics
• Genetics and Gene Expression
• Metabolic Pathways
Semester – II
• High Throughput Tools in Biology
• Python, Biopython
• Computational Approaches in Proteomics
• Phyloinformatics and R Programming
• Algorithm Design and Problem Solving
• Database System Concepts
Semester – III
• Molecular Modelling and Drug Design
• VB .NET
• Network and Systems Biology
• Computational Neuroscience
• Intelligent System Designing for Biology
• Bio-Molecular Structure and Interaction