M. Tech Biotechnology
Biotech education is the key to sustainable development and the conservation of planet Earth. Be it creation of artificial life, stem cell research or gene mapping, biotechnology and bioinformatics have revolutionized our lives. Spectacular discoveries and advancements in biotechnology have led to the development of any array of products in the area of healthcare, agriculture and environment.
1. Facilitate students to clear major concepts and principles in the Chemical, Physical and life sciences that provide a solid foundation for understanding the advances in the field of biotechnology.
2. Integrate the course work knowledge to research and industry based work
3. Assist understanding of legal issues affecting biotechnology and other science-based industries
4. Expertise in tools and techniques in various fields of biotechnology.
5. Ability to work in team or independently in laboratory and written/oral presentations.
6. Understand the need to learn professional biotechnology literature for purposes of research for projects and individual class topics
7. Attain technical proficiency, and communication skills for graduate/professional advanced education.
Eligibility for appearing at AIET – 2017
A graduate student having completed any of the following with minimum 50% marks in B.E / B.Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Chemical Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Biomedical Engineering / Bioprocess Technology / B.Pharm / M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / M. V. Sc. or M. Sc. and equivalent
July 2017 – June 2018
1. Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate.
2. Post Graduation / Equivalent Examination mark statement and Certificate,if applicable.
3. AIET M.Tech 2016 mark statement
4. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended .
5. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended. 6. Nationality Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate, If available
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate if applicable, duly verified by the Competent Authority
10. Passport (in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Indian Origin / Wards of Non Resident Indians)
11. Physical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
12.Income / Salary certificate of parents
Semester – I
• Medicinal Chemistry
• Analytical Techniques in Biological Sciences
• Genetics and Gene Expression
• Molecular Biophysics
• Introduction to Bioinformatics
Semester – II
• IPR, Biosafety, Bioethics and Entrepreneurship
• Cancer Biology
• Bioprocess Technology
• Recombinant DNA Technology
• Structural Bioinformatics
Semester – III
• Trends in Animal Biotechnology
• Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
• Stem Cell Technology and Tissue Engineering
• Trends in Plant Biotechnology
• Food Science and Technology
• Research Methodology and Scientific Writing