M. Tech. Integrated (Biotechnology)
Biotech education is key to sustainable development and conservation of planet earth. Be it creation of artificial life, stem cell research or gene mapping, biotechnology and bioinformatics have revolutionized our lives. Spectacular discoveries and advancements in biotechnology have led to the development of any array of products in the area of healthcare, agriculture and environment.
1. Attain theoretical and practical knowledge base, technical proficiency, and communication skills for employment in the biotechnology field
2. Integrate the course work knowledge to research and industry based work.
3. Development and utilization of critical thinking skills
4. Interpret and analyze new scientific discoveries and technologies relevant to biotechnology
5. Assess and apply established and emerging biotechnology techniques used for commercial development
6. Development of an awareness and sensitivity to ethical issues in biotechnology.
7. Inspire to generate hypotheses, design approaches to test them, and interpret the data from those tests to reach valid conclusions.
Eligibility for appearing at AIET – 2016
• The Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission. Candidate must have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board, securing minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects. English as a subject is compulsory.
• Candidates with Mathematics will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Biomedical Engineering / Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• Candidates with Biology will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Food Science and Technology and M. Tech Integrated programs.
• The Scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe and OBC students shall have relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
July 2017 – June 2018
1. S.S.C / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
2. H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
3. AIET B. Tech 2016 mark statement.
4. Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of Institution last attended
5. Leaving and / or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
6. Nationality Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate, If available
8. Residence Proof
9. Backward Class / Caste Certificate duly verified by the Competent Authority
10. Passport in case of Foreign Nationals / Wards of Persons of Indian Origin /
Wards of Non Resident Indians
11. Physical Fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
12.Income / Salary certificate of parents
Semester – I
- Ecology & Environmental Science
- Applied Chemistry-I
- Basic Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Cell & Developmental biology
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
Semester – II
- Engineering Drawing
- Applied Chemistry – II
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Engineering Mechanics
- Professional English and Communication
Semester – III
- Molecules of Life
- Mammalian Physiology
- Biological and Biochemical Techniques
- Molecular Biology I
- Introduction to Biological Databases & Applications
Semester – IV
- Intermediary Metabolism I
- Organizational Behavior
- Molecular Biology II
- Sequence & Structure Analysis Techniques in Bioinformatics
Semester – V
- Enzymology & Enzyme Technology
- Intermediary Metabolism II
- Commercial Aspects of Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
Semester – VI
- Food Science & Technology
- Molecular Cell Signaling
- Bioprocess Technology
- Medical Microbiology
- IPR, Biosafety, Bioethics
- Structural Bioinformatics
Semester – VII
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Bioseparation Technology
- Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Principles of drug action, modeling and design
Semester – VIII
- Biopharmaceutical Technology
- Cancer &Stress Biology
- Animal Cell Culture and Technology
- Genetic Engineering I
- Perl Bioperl
Semester – IX
- Genomics and Proteomics Research
- Methodology and Scientific Writing
- Molecular Markers & RNA technology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering II
- Biotech management & Entrepreneurship
II, III, IV Year