We cordially invite prospective employers to contact us, both for on campus and off campus interviews of undergraduate and post graduates students of Biotechnology, Food science and Technology, Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering.
The placement cell at School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics actively bridges the gap between the students and corporate organizations. Placement cell operates all year round to conduct campus interviews for the students. The Cell acts as a contact point for all biotechnology, pharmaceutical, Bioinformatics, Biomedical and Food industries that wish to recruit students from the Institute. It entails collecting resumes, telephone numbers and e-mails of the students and forwarding it to HR department of companies. Further it organizes Pre-placement talks (PPT) who wish to visit for recruitment by various companies which describe the selection process & the essential attributes that student need to have to be successful in the industry. We are committed to provide placement assistance.
The Training and Placement Cell provides assistance for interview skills, resume writing, aptitude training and networking skills that are essential to make the best match. Our main objective is to make it possible. Our mission is to provide the best of the employment available.
Students begin working with the Training and Placement cell in their Pre-final year at the college. They take advantage of career development offerings such as aptitude tests, technical and soft skills training tie ups with industry experts. They also undergo career counselling sessions.
The Placement Cell acts as a platform for student progression into a corporate career and provides a forum for interaction between students and the corporate. The Placement Cell of the College divides the companies that come for recruitment into two categories, on campus Interview and off – campus Interviews.
1. ON CAMPUS placement means placement conducted within the campus. JOINT CAMPUS placement means placement conducted in any other colleges in association with our school or at Job fairs
in the city.
2. OFF CAMPUS placement means Interviews or selection process in which school is only partially involved. Students shall be provided Job design and eligibility details before interview.
1. Registered student of School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics expected to complete his/her degree by June 2020 are eligible to register.
2. Requirement – All students must register for by online mode only. Students who wish to participate in campus recruitment process must undergo training activities to aid in placements, which
a. Soft Skills training required for placements
b. Specific one day training program as per courses
c. Mock Interviews
d. Lectures by Industry experts
e. Industry Academia meet
3. Registration for Training and Placement Cell activities is not compulsory. Only registered students can participate in activities of Training & Placement Cell and placements.
4. Students applying for further studies must provide an undertaking to the school.
1. It is the responsibility of the every student to check announcements/notices/updated information/shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards of Placement Office/website/mail.
2. Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews, and produce the same when asked by the visiting team, Placement Officer or their
3. All students have to be particular about their resumes, passport size photographs and copy of their respective certificates during their placement interviews.
4. Dress Code: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. The Placement Office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory. Late comers for aptitude test / GD / interviewmay not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
5. The Placement Office follows ONE STUDENT, ONE JOB OFFER POLICY. Every student is bound to accept the job offer of a company if selected and when the results are declared. Student who is selected by a company will be out of placement thereafter.
6. The category of a particular company will be informed to the student ahead of the company’s arrival in the campus through e-mail or alternatively if it is a off campus interview details of location, interview date and Job description will be provided.
7. Process Requirement (Completion of Selection and Joining Formalities) – It will be the duty of all of all selected students to complete all selection and joining related formalities as per the company specific requirement within the stipulated timeline. The selection related formalities include acceptance of offer made by the company, signing of agreement / bond (if applicable), Medical Examination, providing them all documentation (Passport / PAN card) as required, submission of personal history form, authentic contact details with permanent postal address etc. Department will not be responsible for any delay.
8. Communication with company – Students must inform and submit the copy of offer letter to the school immediately upon recruitment.
Dr. Debjani Dasgupta Dr. Manish R. Bhat
Director, Assistant Professor &
SBB,DYPUNM Training and Placement Coordinator