STUDENT COUNCIL 2018-19
1. Ms Senna Mukhi, General Secretary 2018 – 19, Won the award for “Best Council Member Female 18 -19″ at the Assembly and aara night at Rotaract district 3142. Her contribution to the field of social service is commendable and has helped improve Rotaract-Rotaract relations.
2. Ms Nikita Soni has presented a paper titled “The effect of p14ARF and YY1 Peptides in MDM2-p53 Mediated Oncogenic Pathway: An In-silico perspective” at International Conference on Bioinformatics and System Biology – 2018 at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad on 26th – 28th October 2018.
3. Students of M.Sc. GE/ BT programme attended a workshop on Aromatherapy organized by Aromatherapy Science and Innovation Centre, Pawane, MIDC on 15th December 2018.
4. Students of Biomedical Engineering participated in the One day industry interface program ‘Imaging for the Future – Ultrasonography at Siemens Healthcare Pvt, Ltd, Mumbai on 25th September, 2018. Mr. Orville Dsouza, Engineer at Siemens was the resource person for the program. He explained basics of the ultrasound brushing, applications in imaging, types of transducers used with the ultrasonograpy machine etc.
5. Ms Tanika Nair (BFT 16010) from B.Tech Food Science and Technology III Year participated in the Preliminary Round of FSSAI sponsored SKA Asia Quiz Competition on Food Safety held on 10th September 2018 at Mumbai. She stood 3rd in the Mumbai Region.
Following students have been selected as the office bearers of STUDENT COUNCIL for the academic year 2018 – 19
6. Ms Snehal Ganajave qualified GATE 2017, CSIR NET (LS) 2017 and was awarded DBT INSPIRE Fellowship for pursuing PhD at IIT – Bombay.
7. Mr. Ramiz qualified CSIR – NET (LS) 2017.
8. Students of Biomedical Engineering (Ms. Ankita Ramesh, Ms. Parineeta Sengupta, Ms. Komal Ravi Shankar Chaudhary, Ms. Prajakta Nagesh Relekar and Mr. Krishna Kumar) participated in a Continuing Education Program “9th Summer Workshop on Bioprocess Engineering – Lectures & Laboratory 2017″, organized by the Department of Biotechnology, IIT, Madras from 3rd to 7th July, 2017.
9.Mr. Vinay Iyer student of 8th Semester of M.Tech Integrated program has been selected for the Yes Foundation Media for Social Change fellowship 2017 in Association with Indian School of Design and Innovation – WPP School of Communication and Supported by Yes Bank.
The Fellowship is for a total period of 8 weeks (1 week of Induction followed by 7 weeks. NGO of placement in Delhi). Mr. Vinay Iyer is entitled for a stipend of Rs. 10000/- on successful completion of fellowship.