Fellowship Program in Contemporary Endodontics
Dr. Vivek Hegde
What we say about Dr. Vivek Hegde will never be enough. His achievements are such. A Master in the field of Endodontics, not just a pioneer in the use of microscopes in dentistry in India, but also a renowned global speaker. In addition, he has extensively contributed to (remove the) national and international journals as an author. Most recently, he was bestowed with the honour of lecturing at the Annual session of the American Association of Endodontics in San Francisco. He was also selected as one of the illustrious speakers for the International Endo Masters, 2016 -one of the most prestigious events in the society of Endodontics. So, imagine how much value he can add to our academic curriculum as our Official faculty and Mentor.
Allow us to introduce ‘Fellowship in Contemporary Endodontics’. Immaculately designed, this 1-year program is compiled in a modular format to boost your dental skills in the right direction.
Certificate: Fellowship in Contemporary Endodontics
Awarded by: D. Y. Patil University
(Established under section 3 of UGC act, 1956 vide notification no. F.9.21/2000 – U.3 dated 20.06.2002 of the Govt. of India)
(ACCREDITED BY NAAC WITH ‘A’ GRADE)
1. Course Syllabus designed like a Masters Program
2. Course Format comprises of
b. Pre-clinical Hands-on
c. LIVE Clinical Demonstrations by Mentors
d. LIVE Clinical Training for participants with over-the-shoulder supervision by mentors
f. Group Discussion & Group Publication
3. State-of-the-art Infrastructure
4. Advanced Armamentarium and Equipment (provided by University)
5. Patients for Clinical Training (provided by University)
6. Premium Membership of Peer-reviewed Literature
(exclusive login IDs and passwords)
7. Access to unique application for Digital Learning and Revision (Exclusive login IDs)
8. Hospitality (F&B only) for entire On-Campus Training (provided by University)
Minimum qualification of B.D.S or equivalent from a recognized Institution in India or Overseas
This Fellowship Program is a One Year non-continuous, modular based course.
Module 1 : 6 days
Module 2 : 6 days
Module 3 : 6 days
Module 4 : 6 days
Module 5 : 6 days
Module 6 : 6 days
(Including Theory and Practical Exams)
October 2019 to September 2020
1. Original Birth Certificate
2. Copy of Passport
3. Original Domicile
4. Copy of Aadhar card
5. Two passport size photographs
6. Original DCI Registration Certificate
7. Original Mark sheets
8. Original Degree Certificate of BDS/MDS/Others
9. Copy of Passport of Parents (only for overseas candidates)
10. Proof of NRI Status of candidate/Parents (only for overseas candidates)
11. Transcripts (only for overseas candidates)
12. Copy of Visa (only for overseas candidates)
13. Original Acknowledgement Receipt of fees (RTGS/NEFT/DD/CHEQUE)
1. Recap of Endodontics taught at undergraduate level and introduction to
Contemporary Principles of Endodontics
2. Addressing the gap between the above stated, affecting Practical Applications in Day-to-Day Endodontic Practice
3. Emphasis on Endodontic Anatomy
4. Isolation Techniques – Rubber Dam Placement
5. Clear Understanding of Access Cavity Preparation and Refinement
6. Newer Methods of Cleaning and Shaping – Utilizing Modern Systems
7. Simplified Obturation Techniques – How to successfully achieve a Hermetic Seal
8. Modern Post and Core Build-up Procedures
9. Concept of No Post, No Crown: New Age Endodontics
10. Orientation to Surgical Loupes and Dental Operating Microscopes
11. Use of Advanced Diagnostic Aids in Endodontics – CBCT and others
12. Advanced ObturationTechniques
13. Endodontic Retreatment and Failures
14. Ultrasonics in Endodontics
15. Extra Canal Scouting – How to not miss the MB1s and MB2s etc.
16. Perforation Repair – How to use MTA and manage Iatrogenic Errors
17. Instrument Retrieval
18. Surgical and Microsurgical Endodontics
a. Interdisciplinary Approach for successful Endodontics
(Perio-Endo Lesion Management) – Prognosis Evaluation
b. Incision Planning, Flap Design, Curettage and Bone Grafting Procedures
c. Bioceramics and their Placement
d. Apical Resection
e. Suturing Techniques
19. Case Documentation & Guidance for Publishing Scientific Data
1. Annual Examination
a. Theory examination (MCQs)
b. Practical Examination & Viva Voce
2. Clinical Log-Book Evaluation
3. Clinical Assignments
4. Case Presentation
-For Indian Candidates, Course fees are Rs. 6,50,000/- (Rupees Six Lakhs Fifty Thousand Only)
-For Overseas and NRI Candidates, Course fees are 15,500 US Dollars
-Scholarship of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) awarded under the following criteria :
a. Ex-student of DY Patil School of Dentistry, Navi Mumbai
b. Candidate recommended by the Mentor
(provided the application is completed before 31st of July 2019)
c. Candidate who qualifies in the Scholarship examination conducted during the Fellowship Modules
Accommodation available in a 4-Star facility at Rs 75,000+taxes (inclusive of all modules)
Stepwise Admission Procedure:
1. Kindly download the Application Form from the website.
2. Submit the completed Application Form along with the required original documents to Fellowship Administrative Office or email the scanned copies to email@example.com
3. Orientation Interview with the Mentor.
4. Receipt of Acknowledgement Letter by the candidate confirming their enrollment.
5. Introduction to Induction Ceremony.
OPTION 1 – FULL PAYMENT
Entire amount of Course Fees to be paid by DD / NEFT / RTGS / IMPS towards
“D. Y. Patil University-Fellowship Programs” payable at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
Name of Bank – Bank of Baroda, Nerul Branch
Type of Account – Current Account
Bank Account No. – 27410200000801
IFSC Code No. – BARB0NERULX (fifth character is zero)
OPTION 2 – INSTALLMENT SCHEME
Fees can also be paid by availing of the Easy Installment Scheme offered by D. Y. Patil University.
First installment of Rs.2,50,000/- should be paid at the time of enrolment along with the submission of original degree certificates of BDS/MDS and DCI Registration and additional charge of Rs.50,000/- as processing fee.
Second installment of Rs.2,00,000/- should be paid before 31st December 2019.
Third installment of Rs.2,00,000/- should be paid before 15th March 2020.
OPTION 3 – LOAN SCHEME
Fees can also be paid by availing of Educational Loan from Bank of Baroda – Exclusively for Fellowship Program Enrolments. Last date for payment of fees through Bank loan will be 31st October 2019.
* Fees once paid, are non-refundable
* Mode of payment as decided by the candidate at the time of enrollment will not be altered
* Failure to abide by the above rules and regulations will incur penalty charges