CERTIFICATE COURSE IN BAR TENDING
Certificate Course in Bar Tending is a six month practical oriented course. A professional bartender has become one of the most sought after hotel professionals in the contemporary hotelling both in India as well as in the rest of the world. In keeping with the present trend and to meet this increasing demand for qualified bartenders we at IHM Mumbai have decided to launch a short term course in bartending which incorporates all the ingredients of modern day bartending.
The specially designed curriculum provides the best in terms of theory inputs as well as practical training with active participation of the stalwarts from the industry.
Candidate having passed 10th Std from any State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 50% marks.
Marksheet- Original marksheet of 10th with 3- attested zeox copies
As a part of the training programme, it is
planned to have beverage specific module that focuses on the following areas :
- Classification of beverages
- Wines, spirits, beers, aperitifs and liqueurs etc.
- Bar operations, types of bars, bar setup, bar equipments.
- Bar controls, Licenses required to run a bar, internal and external control required to be maintained, beverage inventory control and bar frauds.
- Mixology, common bar terms, types of cocktails & mixed drinks, methods of making-cocktails, golden rules in cocktail making.
- Extensive information of liquors-Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, whiskeys, Cognac / Brandy
- Health and Safety Practises
- Bottle Flipping
- Personal Presentation and etiquettes , customer psychology
- Costing and Beverage Control
- Practical of service of various non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages like spirits, wines, aperitifs, liqueurs, beers and cocktail making.