SHTS Visit to Manali
An industrial visit was planned by chef Swapnil & chef priya for culinary students & msc students of D Y Patil University, school of hospitality & tourism studies. The destination – Chandigarh, Manali & Amritsar, Dates – 8th dec 2019 – 16th dec 2019. The trip was attended by 48 culinary student
- To make student understand the importance of Indian regional ingredients.
- To learn various regional cooking styles, eating habits.
- To understand the importance of regional recipes, comfort food.
- To learn how climate conditions decides food preparation
- visit to verka milk factory(Chandigarh)
- visit to local food market to check local delicacy(Chandigarh)
- visit to rock garden & sukhana lake(Chandigarh)
- Visit to rohtang pass (manali) & hidimba temple.
- Visit to local popular food joint to see local recipes(manali)
- Visit to golden temple, jaliyan wala baug, wagha border
- visit to local food stall to taste seasonal food variety
Outcomes of the visit
- Students were able to understand the unique connection between present climate & food preparation at destination.
- Students learned about high importance of regional ingredients like Jaggery, mustard oil, spices.
- Students were made aware of the importance of Indian regional cuisine on the global platform.