DYPUSM creates History in GS & LR Elections 2015
First time in the history of D Y Patil University, DYPUSM successfully conducted ‘GS and LR Elections’ on 02/09/2015 by using fully automatic online voting process. Some of the distinguishing features of these elections were:
- Unique voting process wherein complete privacy of voter was maintained by nondisclosure of identity.
- Shortest time to complete voting process using three computer voting booths in the class room, two booths for GS Elections and one for LR Elections.
- Easy and quick count of results due to fully automatic system which helped in declaring election results in shortest time and more impressively.
- Complete transparency in counting no. of votes for each contestant was easily possible due to online process.
- There were total 11 contestants for this elections.
- 80% students voted for this election out of which 55% were female student voters.
Winners are :
GS: Ashish Joseph Thomas
Co-GS: Omkar Vijay Gharat
LR: Rumailah Abdul Rafique
Under the guidance of Dr. R. Gopal, Director, and Students Affairs Committee, D Y Patil University’s School of Management, the GS and LR elections 2015 was a remarkable and distinguishing success.