B. Sc. Optometry Technology
B.Sc. Optometry Technology is a 3-year undergraduate program under which, we train students to work as optometry technologist. After undergoing training in subjects of basic medical sciences, students are trained to measure eyesight, prescribe corrective lenses, and detect eye diseases. We also train students to perform a variety of tasks to assist an eye specialist during eye examinations, maintain records of patients, prepare and repair spectacles. Students receive training in a fully equipped optometry laboratory and soft skill training. Apart from assisting an optometrist, they also help patients in inserting and maintaining contact lenses, preparing the examination rooms, and knowledge about the structure of the human eye and various diseases and infections affecting eyes. At the end of program, students become professionally competent and eligible for getting lucrative employment across both private and government sectors in areas such as eye clinics, optician showrooms, contact lens and ophthalmic lens industry, hospital eye department and optical shops.
12th Science with biology, physics and chemistry
1 year after passing final year university Exam
Fundamentals of Allied Health Sciences
Optics and Refraction
Orthoptics and Ophthalmic Instrumentation
Community Ophthalmology and Eye Bank
Campus Interviews and placement assistance and referral services by the Department to medium to large health care institutes, industry, eye clinics, optician showrooms, contact lens and ophthalmic lens industry, hospital eye department and optical shops.
As per eligibility
1) 10th and 12th Mark sheets + Passing Certificates
2) School/College Leaving Certificate
3) Migration Certificate if Applicable
4) Medical Fitness Certificate
5) Affidavits as per the University Requirements
6) Gap Certificate If applicable (all on 100 Rs. Stamp Paper with Notary)
7) Aadhar Card
8) 6 Passport Size latest Photographs.
*All documents Original + 2 attested copies
Allied health science follows an inclusive Learning and Teaching activity which is learner centric and outcome based.
Department is committed to provide good environment/infrastructure, experienced faculty members, modern technology based teaching tools and traditional Indian methods to strengthen the bond between Teacher-student and patients for the holistic development of students.
Department uses a variety of methods for Teaching – Learning which as follows-
- Learning Management System
- Virtual Teaching
- Didactic Lectures
- Flip class demonstrations and practical
- Field Visits/Trips/Industrial Visits
- Internships and Live Projects
- Hospital Bed Side Teaching
- Micro Teaching- Small Group Teaching
- Group Discussions, Case Studies, Seminars, Journal Clubs, Quiz
- Personality development
- Outreach and Extension activities
Mrs Sneha Sonawane,
Contact : 9220788670
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org