Initiatives taken by the DY Patil Hospital & Stadium on Coronavirus Pandemic
Amidst the Coronavirus pandemic, when the entire nation stands united against the novel Coronavirus, DY Patil Hospital is contributing by doing their bit in this fight against COVID – 19.
The 1200 bedded charitable hospital is successfully providing necessary health care facilities to the people in need. Over 10,000 + Doctors and Health Professionals are currently fighting as ‘ Covid Warriors ‘ at the forefront of this pandemic.
The Hospiatal is taking all necessary precautions and has collaborated with the Navi Mumbai Corporation to ensure the safety of all the Healthcare Providers , patients and the staff members.
All the entry points for the hospital are restricted and segregated as per safety protocols. The Patients and Visitors are only allowed after a thorough screening.
Some of the provisions for COVID – 19 are as follows :
1) ICU has been reserved for emergencies if any
2) Fully equipped negative pressure isolation rooms have been prepared
3) Isolation ward is also prepared for individuals suffering from Coronavirus like symptoms
4) The entire campus is fumigated and disinfected
5) Sanitizers with 70 % Ethanol IP have been distributed across the areas of the campus
6) Use of biometric machines have been temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure for staff members
Various Committees formed for the smooth functioning amidst the pandemic are as follows :
1) COVID – 19 Steering Committee
2) Management Committee for Fever OPD
3) Committee for COVID Isolation ward
4) Committees for PPE, Patient Screening, COVID Testing, Chemoprophylaxis,
5) Committee for Quarantine & Surveillance
6) Committee for Training, Emergency department, Intensive Care Unit
7) Committee for Routine/Non-COVID OPD/Ward
8) Committee for Liasoning
The DY Patil Stadium Stadium kitchen has opened doors for Blue Sea Caterers. Over 12,000 food packets are made each day to support the NGO’s and Frontline workforce. We are doing our bit, So can you !!