M.Sc. Kidney Dialysis
The M.Sc. in Kidney Dialysis and Transplant Technology program is a 2-year postgraduate program under which, we train students to work as dialysis technologist as well as clinical assistant in kidney transplantation. Students get detailed knowledge about anatomy, physiology and pathology of kidney diseases and kidney failure. Training also includes running safety checks in dialysis unit. Further, students are trained to be vigilant regarding the patient’s reactions and monitor venous and arterial pressures, fluid removal and replacement as achieved during the dialysis procedure. They are involved in evaluation, counseling and management of dialysis access. They are also trained to help team during kidney transplantation and assist transplant team in day to day clinical work. At the end of program students are competent to work in tertiary care nephrology departments, dialysis unit or a transplant center. They are also eligible to hold academic positions in schools of allied health science and train undergraduate students.
BSc Kidney Dialysis and Transplantation Technology.
One year internship after degree.
No Lateral entry from other courses.
Applied anatomy of kidney
Physiology of kidney
Kidney biopsy evaluation
Diseases of kidney
Dialysis concepts, types and procedures
Infection and Quality Control in dialysis
Advances in Kidney Dialysis technology
Access for dialysis
Evaluation of patient for transplantation
Selection and evaluation of living donor
Brain death and Organ donation
Campus Interviews and placement assistance and referral services by the Department to large health care institutes, industry.
Allied health sciences teaching institution for academic position
As per eligibility
1) 10th and 12th Mark sheets + Passing Certificates
2) School/College Leaving Certificate
3) Migration Certificate if Applicable
4) Medical Fitness Certificate
5) Affidavits as per the University Requirements
6) Gap Certificate If applicable (all on 100 Rs. Stamp Paper with Notary)
7) Aadhar Card
8) 6 Passport Size latest Photographs.
9) Degree certificate
10) Internship completion certificate (1 year)
*All documents Original + 2 attested copies
Allied health science follows an inclusive Learning and Teaching activity which is learner centric and outcome based.
Department is committed to provide good environment/infrastructure, experienced faculty members, modern technology based teaching tools and traditional Indian methods to strengthen the bond between Teacher-student and patients for the holistic development of students.
Department uses a variety of methods for Teaching – Learning which as follows-
- Learning Management System
- Virtual Teaching
- Didactic Lectures
- Flip class demonstrations and practical
- Field Visits/Trips/Industrial Visits
- Internships and Live Projects
- Hospital Bed Side Teaching
- Micro Teaching- Small Group Teaching
- Group Discussions, Case Studies, Seminars, Journal Clubs, Quiz
- Personality development
- Outreach and Extension activities
Mrs Sneha Sonawane,
Contact : 9220788670
Email : email@example.com