M. Sc. Physician Assistant
The M.Sc. Physician Assistant programme is a 2 year postgraduate programme under which, we train students to work as a trained assistant in health care setting to bridge the gap between staff nurse and specialist or super specialist doctor. In this programme student can choose one broad specialty (Either Medicine or Surgery) and three subspecialties allied with same broad specialty. Students will work like a house officer to provide clinical services and acquire necessary skills. Students are trained to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. As a team member, they take medical histories, perform clinical examinations, write order for laboratory tests and x-rays and assist the doctors in clinical procedures. Further, to develop research attitude they have to complete a dissertation on one topic given by mentor. Students are involved and trained in administrative and record keeping work, which will be supportive to clinician. At the end of two years of training students are competent to work with expert clinician or in tertiary care set up. They are also eligible to hold academic positions in schools of allied health science and train undergraduate students.
BSc Physician Assitant.
One year internship after degree.
No Lateral entry from other courses.
Option 1 Medicine and Allied
Compulsory subject: Internal Medicine
Optional (Any three)
Option 2 Surgery and Allied
Compulsory subject: General Surgery
Optional (Any three)
Abdominal organ Transplantation
Thoracic organ transplantation
Campus Interviews and placement assistance and referral services by the Department to large health care institutes, industry, individual clinician.
Allied health sciences teaching institution for academic position.
As per eligibility
1) 10th and 12th Mark sheets + Passing Certificates
2) School/College Leaving Certificate
3) Migration Certificate if Applicable
4) Medical Fitness Certificate
5) Affidavits as per the University Requirements
6) Gap Certificate If applicable (all on 100 Rs. Stamp Paper with Notary)
7) Aadhar Card
8) 6 Passport Size latest Photographs.
9) Degree certificate
10) Internship completion certificate (1 year)
*All documents Original + 2 attested copies
Allied health science follows an inclusive Learning and Teaching activity which is learner centric and outcome based.
Department is committed to provide good environment/infrastructure, experienced faculty members, modern technology based teaching tools and traditional Indian methods to strengthen the bond between Teacher-student and patients for the holistic development of students.
Department uses a variety of methods for Teaching – Learning which as follows-
- Learning Management System
- Virtual Teaching
- Didactic Lectures
- Flip class demonstrations and practical
- Field Visits/Trips/Industrial Visits
- Internships and Live Projects
- Hospital Bed Side Teaching
- Micro Teaching- Small Group Teaching
- Group Discussions, Case Studies, Seminars, Journal Clubs, Quiz
- Personality development
- Outreach and Extension activities
Mrs Sneha Sonawane,
Contact : 9220788670
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org