Vision Mission Goals
As Occupational Therapy is a global profession we will work towards collaborating with other Indian and foreign universities for both faculty and staff exchange programs in order to train staff and students on newer assessment and treatment skills which will eventually benefit the patients of our community and country at large.
The motto of the Institute is to improve the quality of life of our clients.
At the end of the training in the Bachelors’ Course, student should be able to
1. Diagnose disability and manage common impairment problems of the individual and the community & make timely decisions for referral to specialized clinics.
2. Appreciate rationale of different therapeutic modalities & use them appropriately.
3. Assist in the management of emergencies in medical, surgical, neonatal and pediatric conditions by rendering appropriate procedures.
4. Demonstrate skills in monitoring the National Health Programme & orient to provide preventive, curative & rehabilitative services for community based rehabilitation (C.B.R.)
5. Develop consultative role for the health & family welfare services in existing socio-economic, political & cultural environment as a part of C.B.R.
6. Render therapy to chronically sick & disabled both physically as well as mentally challenged & achieve maximum physical, mental & functional & vocational independence for them.
7. Use effectively ‘job modification’ techniques in work place based on ergonomic principles to achieve good quality of life in community.
8. Use early intervention programme for neonates & school children to prevent secondary changes & learning disabilities.
9. Use biomechanical & pathophysiological principles to design alterations in common orthotic devices & to fabricate hand orthosis & self help adaptations.
10. Develop assessment skills using common standardized instruments to achieve psychosocial rehabilitations.
11. Use functional analysis index & correlate it with disability evaluation to aid in workman’s compensation & other legal procedures as per the social legislature.
- As D. Y. Patil University’s School of Occupational Therapy is recognized by the All India Occupational Therapist Association and the WFOT and Maharashtra council of OT and PT, students graduating out have immense scope both in private and public sector. Students have opportunity to pursue research projects and there are wide job opportunities both in India and Overseas.
- All faculty are well qualified with immense clinical & academic experience Regular ongoing research activities and paper presentations are carried out by teachers.