The Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiotherapy in collaboration with the Department of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, School of Physiotherapy, D.Y. Patil University, Nerul, Navi-Mumbai had organized a fitness camp for the traffic police in Navi Mumbai, on the 17th of March 2017 at the Gaimukh police station Seawoods(W).
Following 5 staff members along with students undertook the fitness assessment of the participants.
1) Dr. Anuprita Thakur. (Head of Dept of cardiovascular and respiratory physiotherapy)
2) Dr. Twinkle Dabholkar (Head of Dept of musculoskeletal physiotherapy)
3) Dr. Shweta Phadke (Associate Professor)
4) Dr. PranitaGanjave (Assistant Professor)
5) Dr. Titiksha Pol (Assistant Professor)
Around 19 traffic police participated in the camp.
The Risk stratification along with testing of their Cardiovascular endurance capacity followed by Obesity and Musculoskeletal assessment was done. In addition, they were assessed and evaluated for presence of any musculoskeletal or cardiovascular and respiratory complains.
They were advised for lifestyle modification based on the findings. Exercises were taught to them and home program was also advised.
The camp was in all a good experience for both the organizers as well as the participants.
'Education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think.' - Albert Einstein