The National Sports Day which is on the 29th of August was celebrated with fervor at D. Y. Patil Deemed to be University, School of Physiotherapy.
A fitness challenge was held for the same. The venue was prepared with various fitness stations manned by Student Council Members. The stations put up included Squats, Planks, Skipping and Push-ups Challenge Junctions.
The event began at 12 p. m with participants performing a warm up & training round before the actual performance. There was overwhelming response from students as well as faculty and the event saw some very enthusiastic and applause worthy performances which was so much in accordance with our theme of promoting fitness across age groups. The student council was appreciated by all concerned for organizing the event and were requested to organize more such motivating activities in future.
Following is the list of winners who were awarded with certificates of appreciation during the teachers’ Day Celebration.
1 Vishwa Patel – 4th year BPT (75 squats)
2. SaikiranVennam – 4th year BPT (50 squats)
1. Hannah D’Souza – 4th year BPT (251)
2. Stuti Shah – MPT 2 (170)
3. ShreyaParab – 4th year BPT (146)
1. Vishwa Patel – 4th year BPT (234 skips)
2. Aakash Shinde – 3rd year BPT (152)
3. ShardulAkhave – 2nd year BPT (106)
1. Shivani Mane – 4th year BPT (185)
2. Shivani Naik – 4th year BPT (130)
3. Aishwarya Chorghe – 3rd year BPT (84)
1. Saikiran Vennam – 4th year BPT (42)
2. Siddhant Punjabi – Intern (40)
3. Abbhinav Jairaajan – 3rd year BPT / Karan Iyer – 2nd year BPT (37)