The D Y Patil Deemed to be University School of Architecture is an institution dedicated to D Y Patil Group’s vision of imparting modern updated education in service of humanity. Established in 2018, the school is recognized by COA and affiliated to D Y Patil Deemed to be University. The main emphasis is on development of student’s learning through involvement in various programs. Academic excellence is ensured by experienced faculties and facilitated by modern facilities. The curriculum is designed to provide a balanced mix of theory and practical leading ,to research and creative implementation. Ample opportunities for practical exposure and professional interaction are provided through various forums and events.
The Dr. D.Y. Patil Collage of Architecture is an institution dedicated to D. Y. Patil Group’s mission of imparting modern updated education. Established in 1992, the college is recognized by AICTE and affiliated to the University of Mumbai. The institute has made a place for itself in a short period of time. The main emphasis is given to integrating art, science and technology for the development of student’s aptitude towards architecture. Academic excellence is ensured by experienced faculties and facilitated by art facilities. The college boasts of a 7-acre newly constructed campus equipped with the best infrastructure like library, computer labs, studios and a hostel for girls. Our aim at Dr. D. Y. Patil College of architecture is to send out curious architecture graduates overflowing with the power of imagination and insatiable desire to create, every year, to play their crucial part in nation building. The curriculum is designed to provide a balanced mix of theoretical discipline and opportunities for fluid expression of creativity. Ample opportunities for practical exposure and professional interaction are provided through various forums and events.
Sr.No.- Name of the Faculty - Degree(s) - Designation
01 Ar. Sanjay Chaudhari B.Sc.(Hons) PrincipalB.Arch.(Hons) M.Arch.(by Research)
02 Ar. Sanjeev Dongre G.D.Arch ProfessorI.D.D. B.Arch.M.Arch.(persuing)
03 Mrs. Ashlesha Kale. B. Arch Associate ProfessorM. Arch.(Urban Design)
04 Ar. Vishwas Gupta B.Arch Design ChairM.Arch(Environment)
05 Ar.Vrushali Chavan G.D.Arch. Associate ProfessorM.Arch.(Construction Management)
06 Ar.Dilip Digarse G.D.Arch. Associate ProfessorB.Arch. (Ad-hoc)
07 Ar.Sanjeev Vagal G.D.Arch. Assistant Professor
08 Ar. Vrushali Bhosale B. Arch Assistant ProfessorM.Arch (Pursuing)
09 Ar. S D Waghmare B. Arch. M.Tech PlanningAssistant ProfessorM.Arch (Persuing)
10 Shubhangi Talesha B.E. ( Civil) Assistant ProfessorM.Tech ( Persuing)
11 Ar. Sameera Rao B.Arch M.Arch (Landscape) Assistant Professor
12 Ar.Geeta Katwe B.Arch Assistant Professor
13 Ar. Arwind Kukade G.D.Arch, B.Arch, A.A.D.On ContractDiploma in Town Planning & ValuationDiploma in Urban Development
14 Ar. Chandarani Patil B.Arch Assistant ProfessorM.Arch ( Pursuing)
15 Ar.Manohar Balasubramaniam B.Arch Assistant Professor
16 Ar. Sachin Joshi B.Arch, M.Arch ( Pursuing) Assistant Professor
17 Ar. Priyanka Rachael B.Arch, Assistant ProfessorM.Arch
Sr.No - Name of the Visting Faculty - Degree(s)
01 Ar. Sadashiv Nargundkar B.ArchM.T.C.P.
02 Shri Pankaj Degaonkar B.E. CivilB. SC. ( Physics)B. Sc. (Tech.)
03 Shri. R. Sharma B. E. CivilM.E.(Civil-Structures)
04 Ar. Bhakti Panchal B. Arch.
05 Ar. Nikhil Divekar B.ArchM.Arch ( Lighting)
06 Ar. Milind Ladge B. Arch.
07 Ar. Neelesh Borkar B. Arch.
08 Ar. Shefali Barve B.Arch
09 Ar. Moulik Lukkad B.ArchM.Arch( Construction)
10 Ar.Sagar Thorat B.ArchM.S.
11 Ar. Yaman Banerjee B.Arch
12 Ar. Archana Agarwa B.Arch
13 Ar. Payal Bhosekar B.Arch
14 Pritesh Bafna B.ArchM.Arch (U.D)
15 Neeta Choudhari B.ArchM.Arch
16 Ruchi Kapoor B.Arch
17 Rolins Roy B.ArchM.Arch
18 Ar. Satish Dhale B.ArchDip. I.D.
19 Ar. Shashikar Chowdhary B.Arch
20 Ar. Devaki Balkrishnan B.ArchM.Arch ( Urban Design )
21 Ar. Malik Shah B.Arch
22 Ar. Seema Shah B.Arch
23 Ar. Rachita Divekar Dip. Interior Design
24 Ar. Amrut Deshpande B.Arch M.Arch ( Pursuing)
26 Kedar Shinde B.F.A
27 Padmavathi Jadhav B.Arch M.Arch ( Construction Management)
The college is well equipped with state of art facilities as listed below.
01. All the teaching spaces like studios and lecture halls are fully equipped with the audio visual aids necessary for the teaching / learning process.
02. The college is having a fully developed computer lab with one is to one ratio and latest software's and machines. It is managed by a qualified technician.
03. Our material lab is loaded with all the latest new material samples for the practical experience of the students.
04. Our climatology lab is having the latest equipments for the study of the subject.
05. Our surveying lab is having all the latest equipments like total station and other gadgets for the work on hands experience to the students.
06. We are having a full fledged Audio Visual room for the guest lecturers and seminars.
07. We are having a state of art Auditorium with a seating capacity of 850 students.
08. We are having a modern gymnasium in the campus for the overall development of the students.
09. We are having outdoor play area for games like Cricket Stadium of Internation Standards, Lawn Tennis courts , Foot Ball, Swimming pool of International standards, and a fully developed indoor sports complex.
Achievements of the students and faculties
01. First Charles Correa Gold Medal in navi Mumbai was won by our student Mr.Ashish Mohite .
02. National level NASA TROPHY of 2004 was won by our college.
03. Modeling workshop trophy organized by SAT India in the year 2007 was won by our college
04. Interiors awards in the year 2007 organised by Durian was won by our college.
05. Students have won a prize money of Rs.25,000/- for the competition organized by Saint Gobian in the year 2011.
06. Our third year students were placed second in the International competition of designing Kalanagar Junction at Bandra floated by BMW Guggenheim Labs in the year 2013.
07. Our faculty Mr.Kundan Bharambe have stood first in the YCMOU university for the Masters course in the year 2014.
08. Our faculty Mr.Subodh Ghogre and Mr.Prashant Borge have won first place in the designing of innovative designs for bridges conducted by Varanasi IIT in the year 2014.
M-arch Students Work
Urban Design for the In between spaces in our daily life
The city Navi-Mumbai was incepted to de-congest Greater Bombay, a future city or a satellite city which will be transit oriented city at its roots. City and Industrial Development Corporation spear headed in development and functioning of this city. A city which is now fast growing from merely the label of satellite city to being part of Mumbai Metropolitan region is now becoming a magnet for different cities and towns, the generators of employment are now firmly rooted in the business and commercial districts making more and more population attracting towards it.
Today the city has started feeling the pressure of growth even though being planned; today there is a need of addressing issues which are generated due to different pressures. These issues are directly affecting the layered urbanism.
When Daily Urbanism is magnified it is taken for granted everyday life of every common man in the Indian city transforms from morning to evening, through celebrations, accommodates informal activity, possesses no monumental character and is extremely kinetic in nature. There is a blur between the private and the public thus creating the in between spaces in the city. Truly the in between spaces and the blur between the public and the private is the urban character of traditional cities of India.
These are research work undergone by Mrs.Sameera Rao.
|Association of Water in Navi Mumbai Presented at Aga Khan Symposium, Mumbai To be published in 2015 in the Conference Precedings of 2nd Aga Khan Symposium on Built Environment, Mumbai.||August 2014|
|Through the Bazaars of Mumbai – Sameera Rao and Ashlesha Kale Presented and Published for the DAKAM International Contemporary Urban Issues in Istanbul (Nov. 2013).||4th Nov. 2013|