The UGC defines the Ph.D. program as a rigorous and research-intensive academic pursuit that aims to produce scholars who contribute significantly to the advancement of knowledge in their respective fields. The program requires original research work, leading to the submission of a thesis or dissertation.
The Doctoral programme in Nursing enables the candidate to function as a researcher/ highest level of administrator & a leader in relation to nursing practice, nursing education &nursing administration. The programme prepares nurses for leadership positions in nursing and other healthcare fields so they can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society. Further the programme encourages accountability and commitment to life-long learning which fosters improvement of quality care.
The eligibility criteria for a Ph.D. program at D Y Patil University, as per UGC guidelines, typically include:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in the qualifying examination (relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates).
- Qualifying in a national-level eligibility test such as UGC NET (including JRF)/CSIR NET/GATE or any other equivalent examination conducted by central agencies.
- D Y Patil University Navi Mumbai is conducting the Ph.D. entrance examination twice a year.
As per UGC guidelines, the minimum and maximum duration for completion of a Ph.D. program are as follows:
Minimum duration: 3 years for full-time candidates and 4 years for part-time candidates.
Maximum duration: 6 years for full-time candidates and 7 years for part-time candidates. Extensions beyond the maximum period may be granted under certain exceptional circumstances, subject to university regulations.
Who should opt for the
The Ph.D. program is intended for individuals who demonstrate:
- A strong academic background and research aptitude.
- Passion and commitment towards conducting independent research.
- Aspirations for a career in academia, research, industry, or other specialized fields where in-depth knowledge and expertise are essential.
- Ability to critically analyze and contribute to the existing body of knowledge in their chosen field.
With over 75 programs in Health and Allied sciences, Business
management, Sports, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics and
Hospitality & Tourism studies, DYPU is today recognised as one of thefinest institutions in the field of education, healthcare and sports.
At DY Patil, we have dedicated and efficient the Career Service Departments/Placement cells for all of its constituent colleges that provide customized placement opportunities to its students as per their individual skill sets, capabilities and knowledge.