Bachelor of Technology B.Tech Biotechnology
DYPU has an educational approach that seeks to create a learning experience that will prepare students for the realities of the modern world.
Biotech education is the key to sustainable development and the conservation of planet Earth. Be it creation of artificial life, stem cell research or gene mapping, biotechnology and bioinformatics have revolutionized our lives. Spectacular discoveries and advancements in biotechnology have led to the development of any array of products in the area of healthcare, agriculture and environment.
1. To integrate the knowledge of biology for developing technologies for food, pharma and healthcare industries.
2. To impart knowledge for understanding of legal issues affecting biotechnology industries.
3. To enhance expertise in tools and techniques in various fields of biotechnology.
4. To help students attain technical proficiency and communication skills for graduate /professional advanced education.
The exiting students have become proficient in technical knowledge and communication skills. Several students of the school are well placed for higher education in top ranking Universities of the world and a significant number of students hold commendable positions in the Biotech Industries.
Students have become competent in problem solving ability, scientific reasoning and critical thinking and have carried forward the legacy of the School.
The Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission. Candidate must have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board, securing minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects English as a subject is compulsory.
• Candidates with Mathematics will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics and Data Science / Biomedical Engineering / Food Science and Technology programs.
• Candidates with Biology will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics and Data Science / Food Science and Technology programs.
• The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and OBC students shall have relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
Score of recognized national / state level entrance examinations are required failing which candidates will have to appear for an entrance test of the School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, D Y Patil University, Navi Mumbai.
Duration of Course
Who should opt for the
Our curriculum encourages a broad exploration of the design practice with an emphasis on user-centered approach and design thinking and beyond. We enable our students to develop critical, technical and managerial skills that align with the contemporary conversation within the industry also Entrepreneurial thinking for self-development by aligning with thought leaders in the industry. The course is focused on process-driven work that examines all aspects of industrial design from conception to implementation. We equip our students with a wide-range of design skills and thought process that allow them to articulate their design ideas and thinking. Our exemplary infrastructure and workshops support model making and prototype building for different kinds of design briefs.
With over 75 programs in Health and Allied sciences, Business
management, Sports, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics and
Hospitality & Tourism studies, DYPU is today recognised as one of the finest institutions in the field of education, healthcare and sports.
At DY Patil, we have dedicated and efficient the Career Service Departments/Placement cells for all of its constituent colleges that provide customized placement opportunities to its students as per their individual skill sets, capabilities and knowledge.